Which PRS guitars have the partial split coil feature?

Thanks @Markcarl for your great explanation…….Glad to hear that about the SE. FWIW, there will always be a market for the core instruments. I mean they’re 2 years or more for their waiting list. He can only build X amount of cores a year, and doesnt want to expand his company to much. Heck he as 450 employees! And Paul isn’t gittin any younger
I agree with you. It’s apparent that PRS puts a lot of pride in their work and emphasizes quality across their whole product line.

I agree with you. It’s apparent that PRS puts a lot of pride in their work and emphasizes quality across their whole product line.
Yes they do. I finally got to take my S2 McCarty DC594 out to play a 4 hour gig. What a great guitar for the price, And it’s stock. The pickups full humbucker or split coil sound quite good and are versatile. The 57/08’s in my SC58 have a greater frequency response, but the 58/15 S pickups are warmer/darker which I was able to brighten up enough by turning up the treble control a bit on my amp..Very comfortable. 7.5 lbs…great Pattern Vintage neck.
My only “complaint” was that the lampshade knobs on the tone controls were hard to grasp to pull up for coil taps. (The S2’s have a flat top where the controls are) …..
Easily fixed by putting Gibson speed knobs on the tone controls. Very easy to pull up now…….

Last edited:
Back