When NGDs aren't so good

justmund

Plank Spanker
So you know when you have a NGD, you could be sitting in your office and a guitar arrives, it just sits there, you can open the case and maybe pick it up, strum it a bit, hear how is resonates acoustically but all you wanna do is take off home, plug her in and let rip, but you can't coz it's 10 in the morning and you work... 9 to 5...

Share your stories here!

Most of the time my NGD happen at the office...

Solution?

Set up some nice amp in a corner and rock it during lunch break, then some more after office hour!!!

9209389374_5fa1eda45f_h.jpg

Gentlemen:

LSchefman, being an especially considerate humanitarian, doesn't want others to feel badly about their tedious, repetitive jobs that interfere with their many NGDs. In his typical gentlemanly fashion, he has instead retained this PR firm to be obnoxious on his behalf.

We have been asked do so in a very sportsmanlike manner, stressing the importance of life in the workforce, and the joys of associating on a daily basis with one's fellow workers and colleagues. We have been requested to not rub in everyones' noses the fact that this disgusting slacker -- sorry, I meant, our wonderful client --gets to wake up whenever he wants to, work in his pajamas, be home for NGD, and so on. But as he often reminds us, it's not like he has an office janitor to clean up. He has to do that himself.

As if the rest of us don't. The lazy swine!

Wait, I'm sorry, really. I shouldn't have said that about our client. Please, forget I said that.

But I digress.

Instead, we will b*tch on LSchefman's behalf about the fact that he works late into the evenings, that he rarely sees the light of day, and that his coffin does not always make for comfortable sleeping arrangements. Blah, blah, blah. Mere excuses for indolence, as far as I am concerned! Yes I know, I'm not supposed to say that. But this man is absolutely infuriating. I'm sorry. I'll get to the point.

Yes, he wishes to assure you all that his NGDs are among the most pleasurable events in his life, even though as a result of his lifestyle choice, he doesn't enjoy all that many of them. Which serves him right, of course!

We thank you for your support and comradeship.

Very truly yours,

Aloysius V. Periwinkle

Tinkle, Binkle and Periwinkle Public Relations
Not Your Ordinary PR Agency To The Stars

Last edited:
Dear Mr. DeBlanc:

Mr. LSchefman has asked us to mention on his behalf that if he had a book like the one in your picture, he would feel inspired to go out and buy himself a wig just like George Michael's.

Never mind that I reminded him that George Michael is not only far better looking, but far younger in that picture than he is, and that he would look like an old grandmother who is trying too hard, in a George Michael wig. Never mind that, the vain...well, I can't do this any more. And he complains about us! He probably can't even afford the wig.

Imagine this: the man has a conference call, not with just any client, but with an actual French person, yes, from France, long distance, tomorrow morning for an ad, and what is he doing? I will tell you what he is doing. He is putzing around on this forum instead of getting rested up for the call. So typical of this frustrating, difficult man.

I resign this account. Seriously, the man is impossible.

Very truly yours,

Aloysius V. Periwinkle

Tinkle, Binkle and Periwinkle Public Relations
Not Your Ordinary PR Agency To The Stars

Last edited:
I used to cure this problem by either calling in sick or using a vacation day on NGD. They past couple I have not. It's a torturous wait, I mostly ended up looking at pics of the NG while at work...probably making matters worse. At least you have it in your presence. I usually like just staring at it for a bit anyway.

Do new parts count in this discussion?

I have some PRS goods being delivered today that I'm pacing the floor for...

In 2002, I special ordered a Hollowbody II at the Sam Ash in Tampa (where I lived at the time). They quoted me the 9-12 month time frame which was the general expectation at the time. On a whim six months later, I go in to grab some strings and there's MY GUITAR hanging on the wall! :mad: Christmas came early and nobody bothered to tell me! I found out that the sales dood who placed my order had quit and the other yahoos just unboxed it and put it on the wall with the other stock. Fortunately, it had only been there for a few days and suffered only a minor amount of molestation and no damage.

I'm still a little pissed off about that 11 years later.

I'm still a little pissed off about that 11 years later.
I would be too. That's piss poor and there's no excuse for something like that. I would never set foot in another Sam Ash again!

Similar thing happened to my wife in 2009. She ordered a Lakland Glaub sig model from a dealer and waited six months only to find out Lakland had shipped it off to another dealer where it got sold to someone else. However, they made up for it by putting her order in the front of the line and she had another one in a just a couple more months. The bass is also totally awesome, so it was easy to forget their error.

I would be too. That's piss poor and there's no excuse for something like that. I would never set foot in another Sam Ash again!

Similar thing happened to my wife in 2009. She ordered a Lakland Glaub sig model from a dealer and waited six months only to find out Lakland had shipped it off to another dealer where it got sold to someone else. However, they made up for it by putting her order in the front of the line and she had another one in a just a couple more months. The bass is also totally awesome, so it was easy to forget their error.

Y'know, now that I'm thinking of it, I'm getting pissed all over again. My wife has always been very supportive of my music, so she was disappointed too. It's a dream guitar and it took me a couple years to save up the cash to buy it. She had planned on coming with me to get the guitar so she could take pictures. She was bummed that she missed The Moment. She was at work that day, so she made me agree to leave it in the case until she got home to take pics. :(

I did go back to that Sam Ash sometimes to fondle guitars, but I don't think I spent any more money there.

I live a little over a mile from Work. I go home for lunch everyday. Gives me time to enjoy any NGD for a bit. I will admit that I occasionally do not go back to work :D

Maybe if more of us went home for lunch instead of eating out, we could afford more PRSi as well! :)

I work with a couple ladies with a sense of humor...that know I play...so one day, after letting them know I had a new toy incoming...they thought this up. After delivery, but before calling me down, they removed the case from the box and bend the box almost in half, they actually had the box's top half at a slight angle where I know the headstock would have been broken...all the while it was under one of their desks...I know I made a slight whimpering sound when I saw the box and they broke up laughing...took about 5 seconds to realize the joke...Not too funny...actually bought them each a beer, it was so good...

I live a little over a mile from Work. I go home for lunch everyday. Gives me time to enjoy any NGD for a bit. I will admit that I occasionally do not go back to work :D

This.

I work from home most every day. NDG's usually involve me sitting on the patio listening for the FedEx Express truck while getting almost zero work done.

My addiction is well known at my office, last NGD the general manager brought the guitar to my desk :)
I had an amp nearby

Our mail lady's husband also collects guitars too..... soooooo handy!!!

I have to admit that I have a few boxes in teh office (not as bad as 11 Top though!!!!

Back