What song tugs on your heartstrings?

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
What song(s) are emotionally stirring for you?

Somewhere Over the Rainbow gets me every time, as does When You Wish Upon a Star. Maybe I picked those two because they had such an impact on me as a child.

A couple of more contemporaries are I’ll Still Be Loving You and In Loving Memory.

What song tugs on your heart?

Sade- By Your Side... makes me think of my son.

Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles (or anyone) destroys me instantly. My Mom’s name was Georgia, and it was the song that made her cool with her name.

Promise by Earth, Wind, and Fire... makes me think of my wife and how rad she is and how much I adore her.

Gah!!!! Just thinking about those songs is getting to me!

It’s too early in the day for this sh!t.

Sade- By Your Side... makes me think of my son.

Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles (or anyone) destroys me instantly. My Mom’s name was Georgia, and it was the song that made her cool with her name.

Promise by Earth, Wind, and Fire... makes me think of my wife and how rad she is and how much I adore her.

Gah!!!! Just thinking about those songs is getting to me!

It’s too early in the day for this sh!t.

I’m sitting in hospice with my mom. It’s just a matter of time; she’s 91. My wife, who is an angel, brought a small CD player to her room along with select music to calm my mom. Somewhere Over the Rainbow started playing and I lost it.

I’m sitting in hospice with my mom. It’s just a matter of time; she’s 91. My wife, who is an angel, brought a small CD player to her room along with select music to calm my mom. Somewhere Over the Rainbow started playing and I lost it.

So very sorry you're going through this rough time... prayers up for you and your family, brother!

Oh man, I’m so sorry, Steve. I wish you the strength to carry on forward during this time.

I’m sending you a thousand hugs.... hit me up when you need more.

Dude... no words...
Been there very recently. All my mojo sent your way. Stay strong for your family buddy.

"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong always brings me a certain kind of peace. In a world that is constantly changing and can be so chaotic, this song has a certain timelessness that I feel everybody can relate to and just remind you how beautiful life is.

Plus, there's this cool video of some dude doing hand shadow puppets to it, which I find entertaining.

Peace, strength and condolences to you, Steve. Hope all is as well as it can be for you and your family.

I wish you and your entire family peace and comfort in these difficult times. I lost my Dad 2 years ago today, so I understand a little of what you're going through. On a side note, I'm not a religious person, but hospice workers have to be some sort of angels for doing what they do.

What A Wonderful World with Armstrong has already been mentioned so, I'll add Hard Times or America the Beautiful by Ray Charles. And with the holiday season right around the corner, I'll Be Home for Christmas, among others, always get to me.

I am truly sorry to hear about your difficult time, I have been there myself and it is never easy...
Take Care and give your mom all the love and attention you can..
The one song that has cut right through me since I was a child watching it on Prime Time , and this is not a joke, is "The Lonely Man" otherwise known as the Theme Song from The Incredible Hulk TV Series. To this day that song still gets me..

Truly sorry to hear, never an easy thing no matter the circumstances.

The ones that always get me :
Jim Croce- Time In A Bottle. That one hits me deep down.
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Thanks for the kind words guys. I’m hoping she will just close her eyes and go to sleep. She’s 91 and has been in the nursing home for a couple years. She’s lived a very good life; I just want her comfortable to the end.

Wishing your hopes come true. Been there, and it worked out that way. It was hard as hell, but...........I dunno. All the best to you, Steve.

I'd echo Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and What A Wonderful World. Lots of songs around the Holiday Season still tug at my sappy heart strings. Johnny Cash - Hurt. Every once in a while, Who Wants To Live Forever - Queen

Back