What PRS is Keb Mo playing here ?

DogPhishHead

I dig Keb, and I've noticed him moving over to nicer and nicer guitars over the past few years - Suhr S-Styles, Duesenbergs and now this PRS - looks like a semi-hollow 245 with NF in the middle - Private Stock perhaps ?

This guitar's tone is right where I what to be with my style - woody, nice musical top.
Anyhow, thought I'd share another player in the PRS world.

I guess it could be a PS since the signature headstock is still an option there, but I think it's an unusual option for PS builds. It also seems to have a trem bridge (the bar just isn't in), and I'm not sure if that's an option even on a PS 245SH? I'm not as familiar with all models as people who've been following PRS for decades, so hopefully one of them will be able to identify it.

Whatever it is though, it does look like a very nice instrument! :)

It's a Private Stock - if you stop the video at 3:51, just as he's about to cut the end, you can see the writing and PRS signature on the back.

AF1QipPKtvWPUt-ztCNVt9ZFBUkJuXplPtpx2vIKlMdi
Just saw him in NC yesterday evening.
First row center.....The only electric he played other than his steel was the PRS, and it sounded great!
AF1QipPKtvWPUt-ztCNVt9ZFBUkJuXplPtpx2vIKlMdi

Great stuff for sure. I'd have liked a little more reverb but that's about all. Just sounded a little dry for my kind of blues. But what do I know, I'm not playing to standing ovations!

Back