What are the lead times for production of PRS Core Custom 24-08 ?

Hi 12manD, I was just wondering if you're enjoying your new guitar already...or the wait is not over yet. :)
Man unfortunately no. We got a new ETA of mid October. One day it will come in haha I hope.

Oh my...that's terrible! I admire your patience. Hope you will be really rewarded when that day comes! :)

Life Is Too Short And Too Precious To Wait And Wait And Wait For A Guitar. I No Longer Do It. I Find Something In Stock That Works For Me, Negotiate, Take Delivery Faster Than It Takes Some Of These Dealers/Companies To Get Back To Me On A New Delayed Delivery Approximation.

YMMV

Life Is Too Short And Too Precious To Wait And Wait And Wait For A Guitar. I No Longer Do It. I Find Something In Stock That Works For Me, Negotiate, Take Delivery Faster Than It Takes Some Of These Dealers/Companies To Get Back To Me On A New Delayed Delivery Approximation.

YMMV
I'm starting to understand this approach. As you are mentioning negotiations, would you please hint on what discount can one typically get for new items?

I saw my Core Studio on Reverb. The dealer is a 2 hr drive. I went there in person and got 10% off. Easy to understand, if you deduct Reverb and Shipping fees. Really happy with my deal and the guitar. Just my experience.

Oh my...that's terrible! I admire your patience. Hope you will be really rewarded when that day comes! :)
Thank you haha I will say this much though, I won't do this again. It's been quite the wait so far and I believe we are coming close to it being finished. We are officially at 24 months from the original ETA. So fingers crossed this time we will be seeing the guitar! Next time definitely getting something that is instock!

There Are So Many Guitars Out There That There Really Is No Reason To Wait Unless You Are Wanting Something Very Specific And That Is Where A Custom Order Comes Into Play IMO. YMMV

There Are So Many Guitars Out There That There Really Is No Reason To Wait Unless You Are Wanting Something Very Specific And That Is Where A Custom Order Comes Into Play IMO. YMMV
The are currently very few core Custom 24-08s available in EU. Not the colors I want or seriously overpriced, compared to what I have ordered it for.

Custom order would be the best as I could really pick every detail, but wouldn't it cost me 3 times more? :D
And the waiting time, would it be any shorter?

The are currently very few core Custom 24-08s available in EU. Not the colors I want or seriously overpriced, compared to what I have ordered it for.

Custom order would be the best as I could really pick every detail, but wouldn't it cost me 3 times more? :D
Sounds Like You Are Committed And In For The Ride And All Things Considered That You Mentioned, I Get It! Going Forward, If I Were In Your Shoes, I Would Buy From In Stock Dealers And Do It That Way. I Am Also Not In The EU So That Could Be A Variable That Changes Things As Well. I Hope You Get A Great Guitar And It Is Everything And More That You Dreamed It Would Be. :)

They don't promise deadlines. They make an estimate, and sometimes there are backlogs, new models, lots of things that slow the process down.

You're much better off simply buying from dealer stock if you don't want to wait forever.

I speak as someone who special-ordered for many years, including Private Stock. It's a long wait. Now I buy from dealer stock. I'm just as happy.
I do as well, and if I want used I’ll go to Reverb…..or Dave’s

Last edited:

If you order Private Stock, yes much more expensive. However, I believe it's still possible to have your dealer order a stock Core model but in the specific color you want (assuming it's a currently offered color for that model). I haven't done it myself, but I was told awhile ago by a dealer that he could do that, it would just take 12-18+ months to get it.
Not sure if that's still the case, but if you're really set on a particular finish couldn't hurt to ask your local dealer about it

It can be a long wait, I reserved a pre-order Special Semi Hollow in Cobalt blue in July of 2021. Original ETA was later that year. It's been a long wait but I'm confident it will get finished up soon. FYI Cobalt Blue is discontinued so if one of those catches your eye it would be worth grabbing.

Thanks to this heads up I managed to get what I think may be the last brand new PRS Custom 24 cobalt Blue in Australia. Had it on the bucket list but saw this comment and pushed the button. No regrets.

It seems hard to believe the waiting time is 12-18 mos. for a Core, yet here I am waiting that long for 2: a dark green Myles Kennedy, and an imported gold DGT SE.....They're worth waiting for, just don't really understand?

It seems hard to believe the waiting time is 12-18 mos. for a Core, yet here I am waiting that long for 2: a dark green Myles Kennedy, and an imported gold DGT SE.....They're worth waiting for, just don't really understand?
Both of those are in stock at dealers.

I have a similar dilemma. I ordered a Fiore when they were announced, and ended up cancelling it. It was never going to arrive. Why do PRS and other guitar msg's announce new guitars, then 18 mos. later, they still are unavailable??????? Getting worse every year, and don't tell me "supply chain"......
There were plenty of Fiores available at launch. Maybe not one slotted for your preferred dealer, but there was no lasting shortage of ready stock in the broader market.

I have ordered my guitar back in November 2022 (at Thomann.de) with delivery expected in April 2023. Since then, it's only slipping every month and now I have no clue when it's finally going to happen - the last postponement is from the beginning of August to November 2023.

I want to understand what is behind this significant delay and get some idea how long it might take.

What is you experience?
Do you have any idea why the PRS is unable to meet their promised deadlines?

Thanks for your insights!

I walked into my favorite local dealer last month and they had a few 24-08’s to try. I picked the one I liked and walked out with it the same day.

Buying in stock instruments is the way to avoid disappointment on many levels.

There were plenty of Fiores available at launch. Maybe not one slotted for your preferred dealer, but there was no lasting shortage of ready stock in the broader market.
Everywhere.. I'm still not sure the sales have caught on for the Fiore?

Exactly. I am always amazed when I see folks complain about wait times for a guitar that is readily available. Just go to another dealer.
Truth. I've played 3 DGT in the past 3 days at the only two shops I've gone into, including a goldtop.

Back