What are the lead times for production of PRS Core Custom 24-08 ?

It seems hard to believe the waiting time is 12-18 mos. for a Core, yet here I am waiting that long for 2: a dark green Myles Kennedy, and an imported gold DGT SE.....They're worth waiting for, just don't really understand?

Today is your lucky day! You can buy them both right now!

Thank you haha I will say this much though, I won't do this again. It's been quite the wait so far and I believe we are coming close to it being finished. We are officially at 24 months from the original ETA. So fingers crossed this time we will be seeing the guitar! Next time definitely getting something that is instock!
I also ordered a Cobalt Blue 10-top special semi-hollow, back on 9/1/2021 through Guitar Center, It started as a 6-month lead time and is now pushed, every 3 months, to 2 years, 3 months. The newest date is Dec 15th 2023. I originally wanted an Aquamarine which was discontinued but I eventually found one online and got an amazing deal. Now, I'm willing to trade the Cobalt Blue once I get it for a 10-top Studio. Hopefully, our guitars will be delivered at the same time! I'm sure they will be produced in the same lot, the one that uses the final supply of cobalt blue.

So... I did end up receiving my guitar!! Last Friday!! Unfortunately the shipping company must have drop kicked it because the guitar came in damaged... We have a claim in right now. Switch tip is bent over and the finished chipped right in that area. But the guitar is gorgeous!
kVaFgr4.jpeg
TQBbL1h.jpeg

So... I did end up receiving my guitar!! Last Friday!! Unfortunately the shipping company must have drop kicked it because the guitar came in damaged... We have a claim in right now. Switch tip is bent over and the finished chipped right in that area. But the guitar is gorgeous!
kVaFgr4.jpeg
TQBbL1h.jpeg
Damn, that must be so frustrating - it's a great looking guitar!

I walked into my favorite local dealer last month and they had a few 24-08’s to try. I picked the one I liked and walked out with it the same day.

Buying in stock instruments is the way to avoid disappointment on many levels.
Might be different in the US. In Europe, there's not so many to choose from. Most dealers are just awaiting shipments (for months already) and buying one from the US or UK costs a fortune (25%+ more) due to customs and import taxes... Life's not fair! :D

I've ordered a non-10-top piece in Black gold burst (BW) color. They were expecting a shipment of ten 24-08 instruments (various colors) to arrive in April, but I think only one of them arrived so far (purple iris).

I really like this color and can't find it elsewhere. I could perhaps go for Cobalt blue, found a few offers on Reverb, but these are all non-10-top pieces for a 10-top price - which I'm not going to pay (real 10-tops are also not available). I also loved the Copperhead burst finish (probably the most) that PRS was doing on their 35th Anniversary edition, but can't find this anywhere.

As I want a new - or at least newish - instrument, in the mentioned colors and for a fair price, I do not have much other choices it seems.

If I'm missing some dealers who have these instruments on stock, I would love to know! :)

There is a killer cobalt 24-08 at my local shop. I’d be happy to stop by and give it a try out for you. I know they ship internationally with regular frequency.

There is a killer cobalt 24-08 at my local shop. I’d be happy to stop by and give it a try out for you. I know they ship internationally with regular frequency.

Great shop! I use to have a branch in Memphis and was in there quite frequently

Back