Very High Humidity Area - Bangkok

Fatbelly

Found my Unicorn guitar - PRS
Hi everyone
I live on the out skirts of Bangkok where the temperature and humidity combinations are severe.
The main point of my post is an age old question, Rosewood fretboard care in this environment. I know Indian Rosewood is a tropical species naturally, but once cut and made in to a guitar fretboard will it dry out in sub-tropical conditions. So just considering oiling/conditioning regime, I know PRS advise one to two times a year in 'normal' conditions.
As a side note to the severity of the conditions;
My SE Custom 24's tuning varies from morning to afternoon with the variation of the climate. My Custom 24 does not seem so bad, but I have not used that as much as my SE as it is a resent purchase.
The heat and humidity destroys many products here.
Thanks in advance

Here an issue with the nitro finish on my SE custom 24 that I noticed last night after practice, during cleaning. It's in the cut out where the SE rests on my leg when sitting down.
48lomrKb_o.jpg

Here's some raw information, though I don't know how it applies to a very humid part of the world:

The US PRS factory goes to a lot of effort to dry their wood as much as they can. They believe it's the best way to make a guitar stable. That's time consuming and expensive. I don't know that the SE factories dry the wood as much.

I live in a dry desert climate and find the guitars to be very stable. I oil the rosewood to keep the surface of the wood in good shape. Temperatures vary here from ~30 - ~100 Fahrenheit but the humidity doesn't change a lot. I don't find that I have to do more then retune my electric guitars as weather changes.

Thanks for the information. It averages here 25c (77f) at night to 45c (113f) day time this time of year the humidity reads 80 - 100%, you sweat standing still breathing......hahaha ( think of Robin Williams weather report in Good Morning Vietnam)
I know the guys take great pains to dry the wood so the wood 'rings'
Again thanks.

Thanks for the information. It averages here 25c (77f) at night to 45c (113f) day time this time of year the humidity reads 80 - 100%, you sweat standing still breathing......hahaha ( think of Robin Williams weather report in Good Morning Vietnam)
I know the guys take great pains to dry the wood so the wood 'rings'
Again thanks.

“hotter than a snakes.....”?

Thanks.
The quality of the SE is what shocked me. I have two other guitars made by a competitor and straight out the box the SE is on a different level. Its what made me invest in the CU24.
Such a great guitar

Thanks.
The quality of the SE is what shocked me. I have two other guitars made by a competitor and straight out the box the SE is on a different level. Its what made me invest in the CU24.
Such a great guitar

Yeah my SE245 “gift guitar” is absolutely incredible!

The SE range is a definite “gateway drug”.

Back