NGD WL 24-08

Headset

Guitarrista
CA30-C344-C17-E-4301-B5-DF-5-E605-DB8300-D.png

735-DC12-F-5167-4-DB9-A6-C7-F646662-BBEF5.jpg

39-B6-E9-E6-6241-47-E7-B82-F-F11-DF4305-C6-D.jpg

I took the plunge on this beauty (partially thanks to the encouragement of some community members here) and I couldn’t be happier.

-Satin Charcoal Purple Burst
-Quilt Maple 10 Top
-Swamp Ash Body
-Indian Rosewood Neck
-Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard
-Green Ripple + Abalone Birds

I own a core custom 24 piezo, WL custom 24 floyd with maple neck/fretboard and now this WL 24-08. The rosewood neck adds some nice warmth, lower mids, and upper highs. It affects the sound such that it satisfies my urge for a fatback custom 24. All the bass I wanted from the bridge pickup on my core is there on the 24-08. The downside is that the wood is dense so it’s heavy and absorbs energy aka you have to pick harder to get full resonance. The switching on the 24-08 really helps the guitar stand out from her siblings as well.

Now owning all 3 I would say get the 24-08 if you have no interest in piezo, the Floyd if you prefer hard rock/metal for your musical needs and the Piezo if you want the acoustic/blend options but you won’t see the full benefits without running a separate cable to an acoustic amp.

Cheers!

Man, that is just not right. I was drooling on the first picture because that satin finish and top are amazing... Then you showed off the rearview and that rosewood neck took my breath away. Next time please put a warning or something before the pictures so we can prepare. That is one fine guitar. Well done and congrats!

Man, that is just not right. I was drooling on the first picture because that satin finish and top are amazing... Then you showed off the rearview and that rosewood neck took my breath away. Next time please put a warning or something before the pictures so we can prepare. That is one fine guitar. Well done and congrats!
Hahaha thanks! The rosewood neck was the main reason I wanted this guitar. The color on the back and the grain showing through instantly caught my eye too.

2-FA11-F69-2209-4-BB6-ACE7-B0-C91-F037416.jpg
911-BCF73-E765-465-B-A32-A-955377-C3-D3-F4.jpg

Some new pictures showing off how the color changes based on lighting, I’m in love hahaha. Now that I’ve spent some serious hours playing this guitar I have no qualms saying it’s hands down my favorite axe in my current lineup.

I’m old enough to remember PRS being the new kid on the block. The Custom 24 being a combo of two completely different style guitars was so enticing. While an amazing instrument, the 24-08 (IMO) is what my younger mind idealized the original 24 to be…a perfect blend of two seemingly opposite instruments. The reversed neck pickup makes a difference even for the sounds it shares with the original but the additional single coil sounds just complete the “all in one” fantasy. In the case of the wood library, the rosewood neck adds warmth and low end. I love the humbucker high gain bridge and clean neck sounds as much as my single cut Tremonti. I don’t mean to blab but I’m just smitten. The 24-08 epitomizes the philosophical spirit of PRS, that never ending pursuit of excellence that ultimately results in meaningful progression. That philosophy gave birth to my dream guitar decades after most others would’ve rested on their laurels and every time I pick up Candy in the many years of musical enjoyment to come, I’ll be grateful.

That is an awesome addition! I am very much looking forward to an RW neck at some point!! Glad you found yours!!!
Thanks, I appreciate that! If you want a RW neck I’m sure you’ll be thrilled when you get your hands on the right one. It’s easily my favorite neck wood at this point. I’m looking forward to seeing your RW neck NGD post in the future!

Back