Vela - GTP!

Dimarzio Breed... I used to have one in the blue McInturff Glory Custom in my avatar...

gotta be Andy Timmons. Saw him in N.O. a long time ago.

Yep! It’s the Andy Timmons AT-1 (DP224). Like everyone knows, it doesn’t matter how much research you do and clips you hear, until you load it into the guitar and fire it up, you don’t really know. This one is so well balanced with the guitar out of the box that I’m hesitant to do much more tweaking. I brought it way closer to the strings than I normally do and it responds very well. No sizzle, no flub, just articulate with fullness.

The tests this past weekend were at sub-gig volume with the Kemper (but two powered monitors). Next up, real volume with the SuperRig. The only thing that will make me move to a different pickup is if I can’t drive it to the edge of control. Being semihollow should make that easy, but the harmonics have to be right. Otherwise, I’ll be buying another Antiquity.

Thanks for playing!

Yep! It’s the Andy Timmons AT-1 (DP224). Like everyone knows, it doesn’t matter how much research you do and clips you hear, until you load it into the guitar and fire it up, you don’t really know. This one is so well balanced with the guitar out of the box that I’m hesitant to do much more tweaking. I brought it way closer to the strings than I normally do and it responds very well. No sizzle, no flub, just articulate with fullness.

The tests this past weekend were at sub-gig volume with the Kemper (but two powered monitors). Next up, real volume with the SuperRig. The only thing that will make me move to a different pickup is if I can’t drive it to the edge of control. Being semihollow should make that easy, but the harmonics have to be right. Otherwise, I’ll be buying another Antiquity.

Thanks for playing!

So, do we split the cash prize?

Thanks for playing!

A wise choice!

it's a 'wrong' pickup...
Shoulda been a Railhammer... ;)

nFB1Rdt.jpg

I recently acquired a S2 Vela RL, and I happen to have a RH hypervintage bridge pickup that currently resides in my SE Singlecut Korina. Tempting to swap it into the Vela. Maybe next string change...

Back