Upgrading tuners

I believe the Schaller with 45 degree tabs fit as well.

John's version are really cool and fit the PRS vibe best.

I really liked the functionality of the Grover 406. If you don't like the little kidney bean buttons, Hipshot buttons will fit and they come in a bunch of different styles.

Make sure you get the nut sorted out as well. If you ever hear a pinging sound when using the trem or tuning, it means a string is hanging up and will have tuning stability issues that tuners won't solve.
Like everyone has advised you already, send in your tuners to John Mann to modify to locking tuners, or buy the hipshot locking tuners with ump. No modification needed to install either.
What John Mann tuners fit a PRS SE 245?
Like everyone has advised you already, send in your tuners to John Mann to modify to locking tuners, or buy the hipshot locking tuners with ump. No modification needed to install either.

Eddie,

Thank you for your confirmation. New to this site. I did not know to whom theses reply’s were going to. So you helped me realize the information offered applies to me as well.
Thank you again.

Much as I love John and Roxie, I've gone Hipshot on 5 SE's. They have an 18 to 1 tuning ratio and are American made. I go to Guitar Vault for every other part, especially replacement trems.

Reactions: Gac
Back