Upgrading to the 2011 PRS studio question

Noah Matthew

To some of you, what I'm going to ask can be considered as sacrilege.. so I ask your forgiveness ahead of time.

I like the 2011 PRS studio, it may very well be the perfect upgrade from my se eg hardtail. From what I can tell it seems quite similar to a custom 22 with a different pickup config. Feel free to confirm or correct me on this.

Now here's my question.. Can I have a luthier completely swap out the pickups on the guitar to a more traditional h-s-s config?
(Lace Sensor Red-Red dually T-Plus humbucker guitar pickup for the bridge and then silver/blue single coils)

Would that require any special customization or extra work than a normal pickup swap/rewiring? If I went forward with this, would you recommend making any other changes along the way to make this guitar even more epic? I'm a huge fan of lace pickups but also an equally huge fan of PRS guitars fit, finish and playability!

Any pointers or feedback is appreciated. Thanks all :)

Sure you could do it. Make it yours. But, give the Narrowfields a good run first. They are awesome pick ups. I had a Studio for a couple of years and swapped the 57/08 for a 59/09 because I wanted something a tad hotter.

Not sure about the routing. The HB should be straight forward. The two NF slots might be too small. Only one way to find out!

Back