Treble bleed for a Ted

g.wizz

Nabs
Hello brothers
I've owbed my 2009 Ted since 2017 and I enjoy playing it immensly, but lately I've experimenting with V and T variations and it doesn't have a treble bleed, so naturally it gets darker when lowering the volume, did all came without a treble bleed? I bought used so I don't really know.
I'm no expert in electronics so which treble bleed range would you recommend or is it a standard one?
Thx in advance.

I've converted all my McCartys to 50's style wiring. I think the volume works and sounds better than with treble bleed circuits added.

I have never opened up my Ted. Mine is one of those guitars that just went together right. It is a non 10 top but still looks good. I noticed that there was something special about the tone of it as soon as I got it. Everyone that I have ever let play has commented on how good it plays and sounds. I did a shootout with a friend of mine and compared it to 4 other similar guitars, there were other PRS guitars in the shootout with it. It came out on top as a clear winner. I would be afraid to make a change to mine since it is such a spectacular guitar.

If I were to add a treble bleed to mine, I would use the stock PRS value components. My bet is those would be the best sounding since that is what Paul has decided will work best with his pickups.

I'm a guy who back in the day never messed with lowering my volume for different tones BUT in the last couple years I've incorporated that into my playing and for me adding treble bleeds to my main axes have been a huge difference. I recently bought a 2009 CU22 Hardtail and the wiring is fine but I'm already jonesin' to add the treble bleed because of how muddy the pups get when lowering the V. Its a cheap easy upgrade that if you don't like it you can just take it back out without harming anything else.

Back