Help! Need a power adapter for my Pod Go!

Mike J.

Does anyone know of a suitable power adapter that will work with a Pod Go other than the DC-3H adapter that comes with the unit?

I've got a new one on order but according to Sweetwater they may not be in until sometime in late October. The Line 6 store even shows this adapter as out of stock. I even called some local music stores. Nope. I even recontacted Sweetwater to see if they had anything else that may work but they have nothing that meets the power requirements.

The thin, outer insulation that leads into the small barrel-like portion of the adapter has frayed leaving the copper wiring exposed. Some of the wires have broken so this adapter is on limited borrowed time. If I bend and press the wires together just so, I can get it to work. But as soon as I move it with the slightest touch it loses its connection.

I've been looking but offhand I can't seem to find an adapter that will safely work with my Pod Go. Hoping someone here might know of something I can use until a new one arrives. I'm supposed to play at church on the 24th of this month. I'd sure hate to be up there and my signal goes out! So yeah, there's a bit of urgency here!

Here are the specs of the adapter.

Input Voltage Range: 100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz
Output Voltage: 9V DC
Output Amps: 3000 mA
Polarity: Sleeve: Positive, Tip/Center: Negative
Connectivity: 3mm x 5mm Barrel

Thanks in advance for any help.

Have a good day.

I would think with those specs you would be able to do a google search and find a replacement. At long as it is within those specs you should be fine.

The size of the barrel and polarity are something you need to match. You want it to be 9V. It could be higher mA and not hurt anything but don't go lower.

Back