To bleed or not to bleed...

Is there a definitive list of current past models that come with or do NOT come with a 180pf Cap on the volume pot(s) direct from factory?

I'm still somewhat new in the PRS family... bought a CE24 semi-hollow, Love It.... then had to buy a 594SC, Love It. But I noticed the CE24 keeps the tone/treble when I roll off volume far more/better than the 594. Low and behold, cap on the volume for CE24 - - but not on either volume for the 594. I plan to mod the 594 very soon.

Curious about this "list" and perhaps why this would or wouldn't be on a guitar's spec sheet (online) - seems like a helpful thing to know.
I don't know if there is a list, but largely all PRS these days have them fitted apart from the 594 models - because these are meant to recreate the vintage Les Paul vibe, and vintage Les Paul's don't have treble bleeds.
Interesting note about them being mentioned on spec sheets. That's certainly something I'd like to see

They sure aren't all the same. I typically don't like treble bleeds at all. They are fine for home noodling, but on stage thru my Matchless amps, the PRS treble bleeds neuter the sound when turned down. You may retain treble, but it seems at the expense of other meatier frequencies. That to me, sounds fake.

My Suhr guitars have treble bleeds, and I don't mind them at all. Honestly did not know they were in there until recently. I know he uses a resistor as well. John Suhr is one of the few luthiers that can completely design and wire a complex tube amp, pickups and a line of effects pedals.

Back