The Sade Thread.

I recall an interview when she expressed her disappointment with how her name was pronounced. No "R" .

This is one of my favorite songs. I love how there's no bass until she sings "Show me how deep love can be" practically two minutes into the song! Ha! That's the f@ckin' best!

I linked a live version where she's kinda playing (really wearing) guitar. Stuart is allso 100% responsible for any LPGT with P90's and Bigsby GAS I occasionally have.... Which will one day manifest in me buying a McCarty Soapbar Gold Top.

This is one of my favorite songs. I love how there's no bass until she sings "Show me how deep love can be" practically two minutes into the song! Ha! That's the f@ckin' best!

I linked a live version where she's kinda playing (really wearing) guitar. Stuart is allso 100% responsible for any LPGT with P90's and Bigsby GAS I occasionally have.... Which will one day manifest in me buying a McCarty Soapbar Gold Top.

Love it man. Playing for the song.

Totally off topic, so I apologize for derailing this thread.

Nile Rodgers recently released this demo of Bowie's Let's Dance. He said David Bowie woke him to play the song for him on an acoustic guitar, believing it would be a hit. Later they recorded a demo of the song. According to Rodgers, this was the first time he played the song with a plugged-in electric guitar, so his shout around the 12 second mark was a spontaneous reaction to how funky it was sounding.

Nile Rodgers recently released this demo of Bowie's Let's Dance. He said David Bowie woke him to play the song for him on an acoustic guitar, believing it would be a hit. Later they recorded a demo of the song. According to Rodgers, this was the first time he played the song with a plugged-in electric guitar, so his shout around the 12 second mark was a spontaneous reaction to how funky it was sounding.

That’s my favorite Bowie song (ducking).

NR described Bowie’s original version as in the folk style. I can’t think that Bowie would ever write a folk song!

Back