The Jam Band thread

Saw around a dozen Grateful Dead shows, another dozen Allman Bros, lots of Zero, KVHW, Phil & Friends, Galactic, Vinyl, Taos Hum, etc. Even saw a couple Dead & Co shows. I played around the Bay area with Buffalo Roam, one of the top Dead cover bands back in the day. Temporary diminished health issues has me doing couch tour this past couple years, but I am loving Goose, Spafford, Phish, TAB, JRAD and others.

Here's a link to a Phish-based radio station, they do play other bands too: https://jempradio.com/

Hmm...missed this thread when it started. I saw my first of 100+ Grateful Dead shows in '85, saw my first of 75 Phish shows in '89 and have countless other "jamband" shows under my belt. Do I qualify? ;)

Too bad Rich/k from Goose isn't on the PRS bandwagon any more. They've been playing on fire, but I don't like the tone of his DeLuis as much as the PRS HB. The SPAC show from last week though is killer.

Hmm...missed this thread when it started. I saw my first of 100+ Grateful Dead shows in '85, saw my first of 75 Phish shows in '89 and have countless other "jamband" shows under my belt. Do I qualify? ;)

Too bad Rich/k from Goose isn't on the PRS bandwagon any more. They've been playing on fire, but I don't like the tone of his DeLuis as much as the PRS HB. The SPAC show from last week though is killer.
That DeLuis is too brittle. I guess he's still dialing it in, but I too wish he'd go back to his PRS HB.

Happy Belated Birthday @Greywolf, I'm assuming you weren't literally buried alive, given you are posting this morning. Although depending on how late you celebrated, you may be feeling like you were. Did you go to the show? Incredible weekend of music, looking forward to listening to last night.

Big Grateful Dead and Phish fan here. There is some other good stuff out there too, but IMHO these are the two bands that were truly unique in the genre. Never got to see Jerry (i was born in '79), but have caught about 30 phish shows over the years, and see probably 10-15 jamband shows a year. Either you're on the bus or you're not! :)

Big jamband fan here. Found the scene around 1995/96 while in college.

Of course, Dead and Phish, but Panic, String Cheese, Allman Bros., Leftover Salmon, Yonder Mountain, Billy Strings, moe., Railroad Earth, Goose, Infamous Stringdusters, Kitchen Dwellers, Greensky Bluesgrass, Hiss Golden Messenger, and Strangefolk just to name a few. I'm sure I'm leaving several out, but those immediately popped in my head.

Back