The Great Blue Guitar Thread

I'm so late to the game with a post, cause I LOVE blue guitars!!! While I've had my fair share over the years, here are my current blues...

tAlgk4b.jpg

I'm so late to the game with a post, cause I LOVE blue guitars!!! While I've had my fair share over the years, here are my current blues...

tAlgk4b.jpg

I remember both of those!

I love those "Blade Knots" on the one on the left!! Reminds me of my beloved Singlecut 594 Prototype from "back in the day".

Also that quilt on the one on the right is killer, it matches up with that darker blue finish very well. What is the name of that finish on the right? I forget.

What is the name of that finish on the right? I forget.
Honestly Pete it doesn't have a name. Jack mixed up a few different options on a scrap / trimmed piece from my top billet and sent them to me for approval / thoughts. I still have the sample piece too (it's a special keep sake). Pretty sure we picked something in the middle of one of these (colors are washed out in this picture due to the window behind my chair, but you get the idea):

VHc227k.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly Pete it doesn't have a name. Jack mixed up a few different options on a scrap / trimmed piece from my top billet and sent them to me for approval / thoughts. I still have the sample piece too (it's a special keep sake). Pretty sure we picked something in the middle of one of these (colors are washed out in this picture due to the window behind my chair, but you get the idea):

VHc227k.jpg

Cool story, thanks for sharing!

Maybe we should just call it "Goof Blue Blackburst". ;)

I am researching now with regard to what I would do for a PS color for a new spec/build, I am thinking of a dark Red, Purple or Blue with a Black Burst and Back and Neck. Probably a Quilt Top like that too.

'95 Custom22
Royal Blue
10 Top
Birds (MOP)
Wide-Fat
Dragon 1's
5-way Rotary
6.5 lbs.
BRW PRS Forum TRC (Ron Thorn edition)

This guitar has been gigged A LOT! Never had to adjust the truss rod. Never had a problem of any sort. Works as Paul intended.

2F1Vd6n.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I tried. Evidently this site only lets you do that from approved image hosts? "Image cannot be loaded from the passed link"?

Your link (at least in the post) didn't have the file name and .jpg extension. It was just:

http: // transpect.com/blue/

I copied the actual image address:

http: // www. transpect.com/blue/blue_guitars_s.jpg

(Spaces added so the software wouldn't shorten the URL.)

Your link (at least in the post) didn't have the file name and .jpg extension.
That was because I first tried the actual image address. Since the site won't accept that, I put in the link to a page I created that contains the image. If there's some incantation that will make the actual image address display the image, rather than present the error message saying "Image cannot be loaded from the passed link", that would be worth knowing. I suspect though that this site has a short list of approved sites to load images from, so it won't load an image from anywhere else. Just a guess.

Back