The GOLD Standard

Now Hans, You know I'm not mean. But one must exercise a bit of caution when "liking" 10 year old posts. What if I liked an NGD post about a new guitar you got but you later sold it, and then regretted it... I'd just be rubbing salt in a wound. I just got a "like" at TGP a few weeks ago from when I was posting how much I loved my Mark V25 and how I'd never sell it. ooops. LOL So, the retracted "likes" were in no way a lack of actual liking of the content, but the recognition that it could be dated info.

That said, I will go back and like your posts that I started reading today "as new." The thing that stopped me in my tracks though, was liking posts from two guys I assumed were "new" because I didn't know them... then realized I didn't know them because they must have left before I even got here... because their posts were 10 years old and I'd never heard their names before. LOL

So, the word "necro" is kind of creepy so all I ask is that nobody calls these "Necro-likes." o_O

When did 'likes' become so complicated?

I wanna live in a world where people are free to like what (or whom) they please without fear of judgment.

Out of curiosity, have you ever been called-out for a casual 'like' by someone in our community?

When did 'likes' become so complicated?

I wanna live in a world where people are free to like what (or whom) they please without fear of judgment.

Out of curiosity, have you ever been called-out for a casual 'like' by someone in our community?
It’s not the likes you have to worry about, it’s the indiscriminate “Speedo” pics he derails threads with!;)

Last edited:
because I didn't want to violate the forum's statute of limitations clause.
d1rxe4-e3620b61-6916-453c-9cb1-706209c93908.jpg

You got me... I started at Hans' OP and liked a couple posts... then noticed I was liking posts that are 10 years old. I had to remove the "likes" (sorry Hans, I really did like them) because I didn't want to violate the forum's statute of limitations clause.
You like it, you like it. That’s all there is to it.

I’ve been liking plenty of 40 year old photos recently.

Hans, I agree. This world of social media driven "influencers" and stuff is just too much for us old guys. (not you, of course, but the really old guys like Les, Bob and I)

One of the biggest problems with social media is people thinks it's real. It's not. It's digital high school. A lot of the internet is. There's a local sports site I subscribe to, and in their comments section, you can up cup (like) or down cup (didn't like) a comment. It amazes me how so many allegedly grown up people get bent out of shape because someone down cupped their comment. The horror!!!! Someone out there doesn't like something you said? Can it even be possible??? And instead of acting like an adult and moving on, they whine about it over and over and over...

Like most 14 year olds, I base my contribution to society solely on "likes" received. Not to add additional pressure. But thank God for Julie Bowen, who is usually good for at least 5 likes, (10 or more for pics!;)) or I'd never have a chance.

I don't know if you listen to podcasts, but Julie just did an episode of Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend.

Back