The Baltimore Sun - 28 Nov 1982

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
Here's a little nugget for all you PRS history buffs. This photograph of Paul was featured on page 52/53 of the Baltimore Sun on the 28th of November 1982.

According to the notes, this is Carlos Santana's guitar. Check out the trem and the caption (as it appeared in the paper) on the back.

Enjoy!

IMG_0006-3.jpg

IMG_0011-2.jpg

Last edited:
Just realized that at the stroke of midnight, 5 years later from the publication date - I was born. I always miss out on the good stuff! haha

He was so broke back then, he couldn't even afford a haircut
I'd call him "Patches" but the last tall/skinny dude I pissed off tagged me 3 times before I even put up my dukes.

Just realized that at the stroke of midnight, 5 years later from the publication date - I was born. I always miss out on the good stuff! haha
We'll see bout that...

You're a nice guy with a big heart and you have guts too. That's a rare combo. I'm guessing life will be pretty good to you.

Last edited:
That was a cool time to live in the Baltimore-Washington Metro Area. The legal drinking age for beer and wine was still eighteen, and we still had large rock clubs.

I managed the grab the 2nd original photo from that article. Should be here next week. I'll post a better copy of it for your enjoyment.

Notice how the old production artist removed the background before creating the half-tone. Those were the days when typesetters didn't have a mac to do that stuff.

Yes, that's Markie's old double-neck. It still belonged to Carlos in this photo.

D-Neck.png

Wow, that's crazy! Markie owned that beauty? OH THE HISTORY!

Here's a pic of me and the Santana pre-production double neck. This isn't a shred face as much as it is a "I'm finally finished tuning it" face. I remember thinking Mark's either super-generous or a little crazy for letting me play it. Turns out both are true. :cool: Great guitar.

doubleneckshredface2.jpg

Here's a pic of me and the Santana pre-production double neck. This isn't a shred face as much as it is a "I'm finally finished tuning it" face. I remember thinking Mark's either super-generous or a little crazy for letting me play it. Turns out both are true. :cool: Great guitar.

doubleneckshredface2.jpg
That is an awesome 'bark at the moon' face! I'm shaking my head thinking about the amount of money being slung around while you're in sock feet. :eek:

Back