The Alex Lifeson SE Thinline Acoustic

phillybri

You really don't hear about these too much, which surprising thing since it looks like an amazing model.

Does anybody own one? Do you love it? Can I have it??? :cool:

They didn't last very long in the line-up, which usually means they didn't sell all that well.

I had a hankering for one and almost picked one up, but then didn't. It would have been my gigging-in-small-spaces acoustic because it was a bit thinner. But I found a PRS Parlor P20e guitar instead that worked even better for small spaces.

There have been a few threads here about the model.

I snagged a new one when I knew that RUSH would be no more. My instincts told me it would be dropped quickly, which it was. I've never actually gigged it, but have played it here in the house. As stated it's a bit smaller than normal sized acoustics, and doesn't have a loud, booming tone. The body wood is Dau, and I think the top is spruce (have to check to be sure). It's a cool guitar, and for the price I got it, it was a no-brainer!

I’ve had mine since they were introduced, and it’s my only flattop. I let another player use it for a musical recently, and I was pleased with the sound. I sat next to him in the pit and played bass and electric.

Back