Star Trek Gig

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I live in SE Iowa and there is a little town called Riverside about 10 miles north of me. This town won a contest to be the future birth place of Captian Kirk which we all know from the TV series was from a small town in Iowa. So it was decided in the 80s that Riverside Iowa was that town. So since then, the last Saturday in June has ALWAYS been Trek Fest in Riverside, gets kind of crazy.

I have played a lot of the Trek Fest street dances over the years with the very early ones being some of the wildest parties ever! Not so much now.

My band will play Saturday night on the main stage and I think it will be fun. I am doing sound for all events on Saturday so I will be there by 8am setting up PA, we will go on at 9pm and maybe get home by 4am Sunday.

There will be a talent show, dog show, several music groups, a star trek tribute band, a couple of solo performers then our band. Long day for gush.

With all the talk of the single coil prs guitars as of late, I decided to pull out my 1983 G&L Nighthawk and use it Saturday. Just got done with neck adjustment, scrubbed the piss out of it and put new strings on it. Spent about an hour playing it and I remember why I own it. It isn't as beautiful as a prs but it IS a very fine guitar and I think it might just bring back memories of glory day Trek Fest street dances where you had to use both hands to count the number of people you know that got arrested AND MY hair was longer than most of the women that were there!

Don't fear as there will be at least two of my beautiful prs guitars there along side the G&L. When it's over, nobody I know will have been arrested, a house cat will have longer hair than me and we will still be waiting for James T Kirk to be born!

Cool! I used to play around that area back in my road days--a place called the Colony Village Inn (I think) outside of Williamsburg, IA on I-80. Not sure if I'm remembering the name of that club correctly--it was 36 years ago!

Cool! I used to play around that area back in my road days--a place called the Colony Village Inn (I think) outside of Williamsburg, IA on I-80. Not sure if I'm remembering the name of that club correctly--it was 36 years ago!

That's cool. I did the road band thing back in the day. It was crazy stuff. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything but you couldn't pay me enough to do it again!!!!!

Ok ok. My pic posting knowledge is at or below kindergarten level. I will take pics and figure out how to do it. John Beef wants pics of my wife anyway.

I know now you cant covet your oneighbors prs, are wives allowed?

Just lookin out for you John Beef.

Back