Slatwall Guitar Hangers

Thanks for being curious, @henryjurstin13, and I apologize off-topic-ism to all others.

20230602_220939-jpg.897013

And one of it was his Strativari. It mitigated my distance against this type of design. One of the three Paganinis under construction had as an inlay a tree of life. That reminded me on a christmas present of my mother in the year her husband/my father passed away. Not directly, but 24 hrs later I asked Peter, if he would complete it for me. He highly appreciated my wish. A few months later it was shipped.
That Strativari is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. I mean, the others are great, too, as is the Kammler speaker cab, but I can't take my eyes off that guitar. The design is brilliant and so unusual!

I have a rack by this same builder (Bergfels), but in mahogany with the leather/wax cord for the neck and body rest portions. I am in the process of “fixing” it though. I had some of the color from the leather cord leach into the nitro on a silver metallic Les Paul.

I have had other Nitro guitars on the stand but most are “wood” colored in the neck and body areas that touch the cord and I can’t really see any thing in those. But the silver guitar… well. Looks like little dashes on the back of the neck in a sort of rosey pinkish hue where the cord made contact.

Stefan wasn’t sure why it happened. He’s changed materials since then. I got mine years ago. Possible it was a bad batch of material.

It’s a real beauty of a stand. I have been planning to replace the cord with 100% cotton so it won’t be an issue going forward. Just need the time to fit it in, Until then the guitars don't live on that stand at all.

My apartment recently received an early spring cleaning/home improvement project which removed the previous 3-Hercules locking hangers on a 1"x6"x60" polyurethaned pine board. The demo was easily handled save for some Phillip's screws which didn't always reverse quickly. Once the Phillip's were removed the Hercules were backed out slightly and the board came off the wall.

In its place was positioned a DiamondLifeDirect 48" maple MDF board with aluminum groove slat. Angling 4 heavy-duty hangers allowed my collection to be displayed instead of residing in cases near a heat source (not the best place for stored guitars).

Here's a before and after image of the pine and DLD display as it exists today...the DiamondLife board uses 3 studs and 2 toggle bolts.

Last edited:
For direct mounting I prefer Hercules, but for slat wall I prefer String Swing. The bracket is longer and comes with a slip on plastic retaining clip to prevent the hanger from sliding around or coming loose when you pick up an instrument.
I agree. I love the locking mechanism on the hercules floor stands and mounted wall hangers, but we use String Swing for the slatwall in our store. They're both great brands so it's hard to choose favorites!

Back