Slatwall Guitar Hangers

l65Ljme.jpg

GBGDqre.jpg

q2HWldV.jpg

6mK7RK3.jpg

i've used dozens of String Swing but that was before i moved and had to go the slatwall route due to space constraints. i tried the diamonLife hangers but ditched them after my R8 developed burns on the headstock. i've been using GSP40SB PLUS for two years without incident.

That's your right. Design approaches aren't the same. It wasn't a quality comment by me.

I still stand by my Hercules support. Lifetime products with zero issues and peace of mind from my experience in every way. Internet mileage may vary..
I’m in your camp. I’ve used Hercules for a lo-ong time and they have been fantastic. I won’t put my guitars in any other stand.

I'm so fortunate.... and I've been lucky to keep most of the gear I wanted over the years. I'm very thankful. That being said, I really do enjoy getting to wind down & forget the stressful parts of the day in my room. I also loan stuff out to my friends (obviously, the really appreciative & respectful ones) because why not share this stuff!!?!?!?!
It's great that you do that!

I've kept the gear I've wanted, but I did make the very significant mistake of selling my analog console and open reel tape multitrack and mastering tape machines when I moved in 2009, and went "in the box" for recording and mixing. I had the best of intentions, but whatever.

The upside is, I haven't wanted much recording hardware since then, and I can recall mixes for clients very quickly. With the analog gear, it took me an hour just to re-set everything if a client called six months or more down the road needing revisions because they made changes to the ad, and it never sounded exactly the same. Now it does.

The utterly Craptastic recording area:

cSpiGVk.jpg

The even more Craptastic “You call that a mix room?” workstation area (the whole studio is one large room, including the recording area). In my defense, the acoustic treatment truly works, and the room sounds like the high end audio postproduction suites the ad folks use for the final voice-over work and audio post. Comments from fellow composers have been 'this sounds like a mastering suite' so that's all to the good. Thus, looks meh, sounds great. I worked on the acoustics for years, and finally did the right thing and had a pro design and spec the acoustic treatment. It's so much better ever since!

XVs68Aq.jpg

No guitars kept in the room. They’re upstairs in their cases.

Last edited:
I Get Nervous When I See Guitars Hanging. Cases Or Boats For Me. I Am Too Skeered To Risk It.

hmmm. what happens when you walk into a music store? do you twitch like DTR watching Modern Family? :p
I Do And I Also Get A Nervous Tick That Can Last For Several Days Along With Sudden Outbursts Of Profanity. The Difference When I Walk Into A Store Is That I Don't Own Those Guitars. :)

I stopped using hangers, because of their impact of unnecessary tension against the headstock. I decided to buy a multi stand. It's made by Bergfels, Austria, and it's called Bergstand.
I took oak, because the majority of the furniture in the room, where I store my guitars, is made of oak, too.

20230318_095508-jpg.910207

Last edited:
I stopped using hangers, because unnecessary tension on the headstock. I decided to buy a multi stand. It's made by Bergfels, Austria, and it's called Bergstand.
I took oak, because the majority of the furniture in the room, where I store my guitars is made of oak, too.

What is #5 & #6 in that rack??!??!?!

Thanks for being curious, @henryjurstin13, and I apologize off-topic-ism to all others.

20230602_220939-jpg.897013

#5 is a Linus Paganini, #6 is a Linus Custom Thinline ('Honey Amber'). And #4 is a Linus Red Scorpion.
Linus is based at Lake Constance in the Austrian city of Bregenz. Peter Steinacher is the founder and luthier of the one-man-guitar company. In 2013 I asked him to build me a guitar. I was impressed by the PRS NS15, but didn't want either a FR or a Bigsby (nowadays I regret being reluctant regarding the Bigsby at that time). Anyways. It is a unique guitar. Staying in chronical order: 2020 I was little bit bored off-duty whilst touring Afghanistan for more than six months, and sneaked on Peter's homepage. Over a long period of time I was literally a Tele hater.
The purchase of a Revered Gristlemaster Greg Koch Signature relieved my hatred. Peter made two comparable Gretsch inspired T-Styles ('Green Mamba' and 'The Benz'). The more often I looked at those, the more my GAS increased.
I asked Peter, if he would build me a second custom made guitar. My specs turned into reality as the Red Scorpion.
#5: I spent a months in the beginning of 2022 in vicinity of Lake Constance, where our military EOD school is located. Periodicly we need to attend to a refresher training to keep the EOD/IEDD operator qualification vital. I took the opportunity to visit Peter on one weekend.
He offered me a tour through his wood shop. In a stand rest three of those guitars under construction. In general his approach is to make custom ordered instruments, but those type of instrument is a series of max. 20 instruments. His interpretation of a violin guitar. Strativari is Strat-type (with Strat scale), Paganini is a LP-type (with LP scale), and he built bass guitars.
Okay. I knew of this violins, but I was actually not a fan of the design. Prior the time in his wood shop, we chatted in his office, I was allowed to play all of his private guitars. And one of it was his Strativari. It mitigated my distance against this type of design. One of the three Paganinis under construction had as an inlay a tree of life. That reminded me on a christmas present of my mother in the year her husband/my father passed away. Not directly, but 24 hrs later I asked Peter, if he would complete it for me. He highly appreciated my wish. A few months later it was shipped.

Thanks for being curious, @henryjurstin13, and I apologize off-topic-ism to all others.

20230602_220939-jpg.897013

#5 is a Linus Paganini, #6 is a Linus Custom Thinline ('Honey Amber'). And #4 is a Linus Red Scorpion.
Linus is based at Lake Constance in the Austrian city of Bregenz. Peter Steinacher is the founder and luthier of the one-man-guitar company. In 2013 I asked him to build me a guitar. I was impressed by the PRS NS15, but didn't want either a FR or a Bigsby (nowadays I regret being reluctant regarding the Bigsby at that time). Anyways. It is a unique guitar. Staying in chronical order: 2020 I was little bit bored off-duty whilst touring Afghanistan for more than six months, and sneaked on Peter's homepage. Over a long period of time I was literally a Tele hater.
The purchase of a Revered Gristlemaster Greg Koch Signature relieved my hatred. Peter made two comparable Gretsch inspired T-Styles ('Green Mamba' and 'The Benz'). The more often I looked at those, the more my GAS increased.
I asked Peter, if he would build me a second custom made guitar. My specs turned into reality as the Red Scorpion.
#5: I spent a months in the beginning of 2022 in vicinity of Lake Constance, where our military EOD school is located. Periodicly we need to attend to a refresher training to keep the EOD/IEDD operator qualification vital. I took the opportunity to visit Peter on one weekend.
He offered me a tour through his wood shop. In a stand rest three of those guitars under construction. In general his approach is to make custom ordered instruments, but those type of instrument is a series of max. 20 instruments. His interpretation of a violin guitar. Strativari is Strat-type (with Strat scale), Paganini is a LP-type (with LP scale), and he built bass guitars.
Okay. I knew of this violins, but I was actually not a fan of the design. Prior the time in his wood shop, we chatted in his office, I was allowed to play all of his private guitars. And one of it was his Strativari. It mitigated my distance against this type of design. One of the three Paganinis under construction had as an inlay a tree of life. That reminded me on a christmas present of my mother in the year her husband/my father passed away. Not directly, but 24 hrs later I asked Peter, if he would complete it for me. He highly appreciated my wish. A few months later it was shipped.
OUTSTANDING!!!! Thanks so much for sharing, some great stories behind each. Just WOW WOW WOW!!!

For direct mounting I prefer Hercules, but for slat wall I prefer String Swing. The bracket is longer and comes with a slip on plastic retaining clip to prevent the hanger from sliding around or coming loose when you pick up an instrument.

I stopped using hangers, because of their impact of unnecessary tension against the headstock. I decided to buy a multi stand. It's made by Bergfels, Austria, and it's called Bergstand.
I took oak, because the majority of the furniture in the room, where I store my guitars, is made of oak, too.

That looks like a high quality piece!

Back