Simon McBride in that Pedal Show

Man, I’m addicted to watching those guys, for three reasons:

1. They’re very good at what they do; and

2. When they have guests the guests are incredible players; and

3. I usually fall asleep about 2/3 of the way through a show. Frankly, at my age, I can use a little nap. It’s not that they’re boring. It’s that Dan’s voice is like the voice that tells you to count backwards from ten when they put you under an anaesthetic...10...9...8...7...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

As usual, I watched this show in my studio on my monitors. This time I managed to stay awake. Must have been SMB. Nice guitar, too!

The Victory amp sounded pretty good once they got it off half power and turned it up a little; before that I was like, WTF is he playing that buzzy little amp for?

Man, I’m addicted to watching those guys, for three reasons:

1. They’re very good at what they do; and

2. When they have guests the guests are incredible players; and

3. I usually fall asleep about 2/3 of the way through a show. Frankly, at my age, I can use a little nap. It’s not that they’re boring. It’s that Dan’s voice is like the voice that tells you to count backwards from ten when they put you under an anaesthetic...10...9...8...7...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

As usual, I watched this show in my studio on my monitors. This time I managed to stay awake. Must have been SMB. Nice guitar, too!

The Victory amp sounded pretty good once they got it off half power and turned it up a little; before that I was like, WTF is he playing that buzzy little amp for?

I watch them regularly plus Rob and the Captain (Anderton's) too, I usually dose off if it was late at night to continue early in the morning before heading to work, I love how they try to coax the best tone out of every amp and pedal and yeah it made a big difference when when they switched the Victory to full power, awesome sounds and playing from Simon.

I love how they try to coax the best tone out of every amp and pedal and yeah it made a big difference when when they switched the Victory to full power, awesome sounds and playing from Simon.

They really do a nice show!

And yeah, that Victory on full power was (as the TPS guys say) ‘Chalk and Night’, ‘Day and Cheese’, compared to the tone at first.

Though IMHO Simon would’ve been better off with an HXDA... ;)

Back