SE wide thin vs core wide thin

Tyler

Afarewelltokings2112
Hello PRS family, I have a SE with a wide thin and a 94CE with a wide thin. My question is, why does the SE feel more like an ibanez shredder neck? It's way thinner in my case. Is that normal? I kind of forgot since my SE has been stripped of parts for awhile but I just dug it out. I need to wire it to a 3 way blade and a coil tap. I couldn't exactly find a PRS diagram with a 3 way blade. Anyhow, the SE is older 2012 so I'm not sure if the neck was different then or if the 94 is different and the SE is correct. I'm trying to remember other wide thin necks and I swear they were thicker and more like my CE.
Long story short, anyone else with both SE WT neck and core WT, can you chime in and tell me if your necks feel similar? Keep in mind I'm talking major difference not subtle.

yeah, mine has wide thin and i find it very sleek compared to pattern regular. Love it. Tho i want to have the lacquer removed.

yeah, mine has wide thin and i find it very sleek compared to pattern regular. Love it. Tho i want to have the lacquer removed.
The CE is sleeker than the pattern regular for me but the SE is sleeker than the CE. It's thinner than a stratocater. Really the only thing close is ibanez necks and I don't think it should be that way.
Side note, I rough my necks up with scotch brite or 600 grit sandpaper and it helps get rid of the tacky feeling.
People always raved how they only like gloss necks because they're sleek and fast. I remember being new to guitar and sanding my neck to a satin and saying this is way smoother what the hell are people taking about. Then from there I built a warmoth neck raw and loved it.
PRS has a raw feeling neck treatment on their maple necks. My artist has it and it's so delightful.

The CE is sleeker than the pattern regular for me but the SE is sleeker than the CE. It's thinner than a stratocater. Really the only thing close is ibanez necks and I don't think it should be that way.
Side note, I rough my necks up with scotch brite or 600 grit sandpaper and it helps get rid of the tacky feeling.
People always raved how they only like gloss necks because they're sleek and fast. I remember being new to guitar and sanding my neck to a satin and saying this is way smoother what the hell are people taking about. Then from there I built a warmoth neck raw and loved it.
PRS has a raw feeling neck treatment on their maple necks. My artist has it and it's so delightful.
+1 for ScotchBrite

Back