SE Questions

Anthony Novello

Hello all and thanks
I have a 2010 SE Custom and looking into a new one and have a few questions Headscratchers ??
So i asked my sweetwater rep to help and he was baffled as well
I want a new PRS and love the wide thin neck on my SE Custom

from what i am finding the S2 does not offer a wide Thin neck

BUT I am finding a bunch of SE Customs ONLY in Japan in Blue Matteo
and can not find a dealer with this color what gives ????? one person on ebay said its a 2021 and thats why iots not on PRS website Yet any thoughts ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-SE-Cus...ew-Original-HH-E-Guitar-6-String/324412532939

Very well could be a Japan specific run of these. They’ve done more than a few different “regional specific “ runs. I’m reminded of the Europe only SE Bernie Marsden model a few years back. You might be SOL getting that one in the US (if that’s where you’re located). You could order one from a Japanese vendor, but it might be costlier, and may take a while to get. Just my 2-cents.

Yes, they release runs for other countries. You'll also find sellers listing all sorts of PRS colors that aren't what they are. Blue seems to be one of the worst offenders but maybe that's because I'm always looking at blue guitars. Out of all the SE's I've played this one ranks up there as one of my favorites and a step above most for the TCI if nothing else.

https://www.prsguitars.com/electrics/model/35th_anniversary_se_custom_24_2020

Dave's consistently runs used ones at killer pricing from a great dealer on reverb or their site.

The S2 is pattern regular vs WT. It's one of the bigger reasons I favor SE over S2.

Any dealer can get a run of a special color or a special top if they just pony up the dough. I see a lot of 24 fret maple board/ maple neck- swamp ash body matteo blue guitars in Japan. I had to go Johnny Hiland to get a maple board/maple neck with the regular PRS trem. I couldn't find a Blue one when I had the money, but I got a fantastic guitar. Keep your eyes peeled and be patient if there's a particular one you want.

Any dealer can get a run of a special color or a special top if they just pony up the dough. I see a lot of 24 fret maple board/ maple neck- swamp ash body matteo blue guitars in Japan. I had to go Johnny Hiland to get a maple board/maple neck with the regular PRS trem. I couldn't find a Blue one when I had the money, but I got a fantastic guitar. Keep your eyes peeled and be patient if there's a particular one you want.
Can confirm this. Straight from Shawn’s mouth on the tour.

So I saw on a Facebook PRS group the 2021 colors and looks like the color I am looking for .. maybe just wait a few months till 2021 models arrive

Back