SE Custom 24, top Flat or not?

M3ta99

Hi, I have a '03 USA PRS Custom 24. I am looking to purchase another PRS for D standard tuning, and as much as I like my Custom 24 the price tag is a bit steep so I have been browsing SE Custom 24s online.

From the pictures it looks like the body shape on the SE is the same as the USA version but I saw a couple of videos where the top looks completely flat.

Is the SE Custom 24 top flat? or are certain years different in this regard?

Thanks Guys, I will have to find one local and check it out. I played a few a couple years ago but I wasn't really paying that much attention to the body shape apparently. For some reason I though the SE custom 24 was the same shape as the US version just with a maple veneer.

I bought online one thinkin' I'd be head over heels due to my love affair with my flat top SE "O". I'm not crazy about it, so definitely try one first or buy used to be safe.

I bought online one thinkin' I'd be head over heels due to my love affair with my flat top SE "O". I'm not crazy about it, so definitely try one first or buy used to be safe.

Interesting, you like the flat slab better than the new beveled bodies? More comfortable or like the look more?

Interesting, you like the flat slab better than the new beveled bodies? More comfortable or like the look more?

I don't get down with the blade placement on 'em, but that's just a preference thing, not something really wrong with the instrument. It also seems a little thicker, again not wrong or bad, some peeps pay for that.

The sad thing is I bought it broken and then refinished it without ever getting to play it. If I had, I woulda known that I didn't like the blade and woulda filled it in before spending months on it. Oh well, next time.

Back