SE 245 pickup wiring

Slittle

Im changing the volume pot on my friends SE245 - According to the schematic on the website, the bridge pickup wiring is as follows:
White - hot
Green - ground
Back and Red - taped together

But looking at the guitar, the white wire is attached to ground.

The neck pickup wiring matches the schematic.

This guitar was purchased new at the end of 2019; I don’t know what production year it is, but I do know it has not been modified.

I assume if the pickup was wired backwards, there would be an out-of-phase issue when both pickups were selected. I didn’t notice that, but I’m not really familiar with how that would sound.

Has anyone run into this? Not sure if the guitar is wrong, the schematic is wrong, or if the pickups are different between 2019 and 2020.

So before I changed the pot, I swapped the wires from the bridge pickup and retested. That put the pickups out-of-phase, so it was definitely wired correctly from the factory. Still doesn’t answer if the schematic is wrong or the pickups are different.

The SE models change specs from time to time, so the diagram you're referring to is not the right one for your guitar. Sounds like your pickups are reverse polarity, so one of them has to be wired backwards to keep them in phase.

Back