Scott Grove quit YouTube. No free info for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
I am sure some of you have seen Scott's videos in the past, he has been around YouTube for a long time.
I do not watch all of his videos, but I have seen quite a few to know that he is pretty experienced with guitar knowledge.
He also is a great player.

A lot of Internet tough guy's have ganged up on him in the past, so I guess it has come to a head.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite YouTube guitar slinger is Warlock Wyatt. Well he's my favorite when I'm looking for someone to make me feel better about myself.
Scott may not be everyone's cup of tea but I always loved the guitars that he'd pull off his wall, some really forgotten gems and some that maybe should have been forgotten. But at least it wasn't the usual run of the mill Les Paul or Strat that most guys show off.

Last edited:
He was very poorly informed about guitar maintenance, things that affect tone, etc. I was always surprised that folks took his advice seriously.

He seemed to be angry and bitter for no apparent reason, a thoroughly unpleasant dude.

But he'll be back on YouTube because he'll miss the attention.

The guy kept teasing the beast until it bit back. Now he's gone crying to his mum and we're supposed to feel sorry for him? Really?!?

There's a lot of people on YouTube and the rest of the Internet who are more than willing to dispense with their knowledge without treating their watchers like idiots or looking to have their egos stroked.

As Les said, he'll be back. No different than the Z llist celebs that make a big deal of quitting Twitter only to return days later.

I can't say I'm sorry to see him go. Like Les, I have always been surprised that people took him and his advice seriously. He seemed extremely dogmatic and condescending about what he considered good tone, and his tendency to pronounce anyone who disagreed with him "dumb MFers" was guaranteed to create a hate-dom for him, warranted or not.

Eeh, there are plenty of others I'd rather watch, and they don't make me want to punch him in the mouth and break his fingers.

I am sure he will be back too.
I really did not watch his reviews, they were kind of long as Phillip mentioned in the video above.

For equipment reviews I like Chappers and the Captain, Guitarist magazine, and some from Guitar World and Premier Guitar magazines.
There are quite a few other "private" reviewers I like too that are not associated with a music store or magazine.

Phillip who did this video also does reviews which I enjoy.

For equipment reviews I like Chappers and the Captain, Guitarist magazine, and some from Guitar World and Premier Guitar magazines.
There are quite a few other "private" reviewers I like too that are not associated with a music store or magazine.

If you're looking for an independent reviewer of pedals and such, you should check out Brett Kingman. I think he does a great job demonstrating the particular subjects abilities/attributes quite well. He's got tasty chops as well. He even employees a PRS Studio in some of his vids.

Here's one for the Tech 21 RK5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2FWsQQqxl0

It wasn't the evil international association of lemon oil fretboard conditioners that took him down was it? :)

Some other good channels to add to above: guitarist, pete thorn, daniel the gig rig, gearmandude, gregs guitars, justin guitar

In the end a useful thread since we end focussing on the guys we like.

Some other good channels to add to above: guitarist, pete thorn, daniel the gig rig, gearmandude, gregs guitars, justin guitar

The danger with Pete Thorn's demos is that he makes everything sound good. (Andy from ProGuitarShop is like that as well.)

The danger with Pete Thorn's demos is that he makes everything sound good. (Andy from ProGuitarShop is like that as well.)

He reviews a lot of high end stuff for Vintage King and Suhr -- it's hard to make that stuff sound bad!

But I appreciate his demos, because he's thorough and he can actually play, so you do get a good idea of the potential of what he's reviewing, and can hear how it sits in a track, something I find very useful.

Then again, I've bought a lot of the stuff he reviews, and it's worked great for me! :top:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back