Satin Purple Mist

Man the custom 24 is the staple guitar of PRS and that one is so unique. The satin finish on these guitars always makes the top just pop. I've recently said that yes, an SE will do the job all day long and be great. But a core is magnificence. I can see why you HAD to buy it. Purple guitars are also instant mojo machines, and the colour of illumination!

Man the custom 24 is the staple guitar of PRS and that one is so unique. The satin finish on these guitars always makes the top just pop. I've recently said that yes, an SE will do the job all day long and be great. But a core is magnificence. I can see why you HAD to buy it. Purple guitars are also instant mojo machines, and the colour of illumination!
Thank you. I couldn’t agree more! The stain is such that it almost looks black in dimmer lighting, and yet the eye can’t help but ascertain that there is something else going on. You need daylight to see all the subtleties. I love that about it. There is a mysterious beauty to it that remains somewhat muted.

…and the Brazilian Rosewood, my word. I’ve never experienced anything like it. Why would I? I love the guitars I had. I was never a tone snob, but I’ll be damned. I may be one now.

Thank you. I couldn’t agree more! The stain is such that it almost looks black in dimmer lighting, and yet the eye can’t help but ascertain that there is something else going on. You need daylight to see all the subtleties. I love that about it. There is a mysterious beauty to it that remains somewhat muted.

…and the Brazilian Rosewood, my word. I’ve never experienced anything like it. Why would I? I love the guitars I had. I was never a tone snob, but I’ll be damned. I may be one now.
Do you find the 85/15's well suited to your playing? I understand what you mean completely regarding its "muted" beauty. Some guitars pop in most any lighting and give you the goods right away but this one is definitely suggestive.. it's akin to my EVH 5150 in satin purple daze, in dim light it appears a dark purple/black and there's quilting going on but once in full light/daylight the thing screams purple and the quilt top pops (and screams, too!).

Really glad you got such a nice axe. Gonna have to be careful though, I think there's a reason the long time members on here have stables of core PRS. I may indeed be setting $$ aside for a private stock myself haha!

Do you find the 85/15's well suited to your playing? I understand what you mean completely regarding its "muted" beauty. Some guitars pop in most any lighting and give you the goods right away but this one is definitely suggestive.. it's akin to my EVH 5150 in satin purple daze, in dim light it appears a dark purple/black and there's quilting going on but once in full light/daylight the thing screams purple and the quilt top pops (and screams, too!).

Really glad you got such a nice axe. Gonna have to be careful though, I think there's a reason the long time members on here have stables of core PRS. I may indeed be setting $$ aside for a private stock myself haha!

It’s interesting that you should mention the 85/15’s. When I was researching the guitar there seemed to be a pretty lively debate about them, some were swapping them out for other pickups, some loved them. It really was the only questionable part of my purchase - because of this great division that existed among players - pro and con. So I was even more critical of them than probably was healthy for a guitar that expensive. However, I soon found out that they suit me perfectly. To my ears, the tone is clean and warm, bright but not harsh and with a heft that is lacking in the SE’s pickups. They also have a brilliant audible clarity even when extremely distorted. When playing power chords, I am hearing not just a sonic wall, but I can still hear each individual string contributing to the whole of the chord. It was something I had not experienced before, so needless to say I am an enthusiastic fan of the 85/15’s.

Drop in a pic of your 5150! I’d love to see it.

That's interesting indeed they are love 'em or hate 'em but I fully agree with you. They're actually really musical sounding to my ears as well. Tons of that authentic PRS sound too. I, too was very skeptical initially, going in expecting sterile and dull but no couldn't be more the opposite.
IMG-20221007-212217.jpg
IMG-20221007-211554.jpg

That's interesting indeed they are love 'em or hate 'em but I fully agree with you. They're actually really musical sounding to my ears as well. Tons of that authentic PRS sound too. I, too was very skeptical initially, going in expecting sterile and dull but no couldn't be more the opposite.
IMG-20221007-212217.jpg

That’s magnificent! A D-Tuna and a kill-switch too! Wowza! A work of art! ♥️

Good day, all! I’ve been playing 40 years and have never owned an expensive guitar. My thought has always been: why? when an inexpensive one can do the job. A $10 hammer drives a nail just fine, why spend $50? I've owned Japanese Fenders, Epiphone's and in particular an Ibanez Artist - that plays and sounds simply superb; blistering overdrive or crystal clean, on top of being used and abused in punk and hard rock bands over the years. Always in tune - excellent tone and sustain. It does everything I ask it to. I also have a PRS SE I picked up for a mere $400 that absolutely SINGS. All that said - I came across this Wood Library PRS not long ago, and simply could not let it slip away. I literally lost sleep before I finally purchased it, because I thought it would be gone before I was able to secure it. I was completely spellbound. And though it was much more expensive than any guitar I have ever even considered buying - I was undeterred.

I've now had it a full year and I could not be more pleased. The tone, the feel, the look, there is just nothing about it I that would change. (Okay, I did install a kill-switch). The color and design suits me to a T.

Satin Purple Mist - Custom 24 - Wood Library with smoked chrome hardware.

Dude, that is a KILLER guitar"

Good day, all! I’ve been playing 40 years and have never owned an expensive guitar. My thought has always been: why? when an inexpensive one can do the job. A $10 hammer drives a nail just fine, why spend $50? I've owned Japanese Fenders, Epiphone's and in particular an Ibanez Artist - that plays and sounds simply superb; blistering overdrive or crystal clean, on top of being used and abused in punk and hard rock bands over the years. Always in tune - excellent tone and sustain. It does everything I ask it to. I also have a PRS SE I picked up for a mere $400 that absolutely SINGS. All that said - I came across this Wood Library PRS not long ago, and simply could not let it slip away. I literally lost sleep before I finally purchased it, because I thought it would be gone before I was able to secure it. I was completely spellbound. And though it was much more expensive than any guitar I have ever even considered buying - I was undeterred.

I've now had it a full year and I could not be more pleased. The tone, the feel, the look, there is just nothing about it I that would change. (Okay, I did install a kill-switch). The color and design suits me to a T.

Beautiful

A case of "when you know, you know". There's just certain guitars that you can't say no.

You might want to limit the time it spends in the sunlight. The nitro finish has absolutely no ultraviolet protection, and that finish will fade. Displaying it in a sunny room will cause fading.

Last edited:

Stunner!! Looks great and glad you’re enjoying it!! Congrats!!

Back