S2 Vela owners...

thewesdavis

Is the top bevel as "extreme" as it appears in the pictures?
How does the top contour compare to "core" customs/CEs? (I can see the back looks comfy...

Is the top bevel as "extreme" as it appears in the pictures?
How does the top contour compare to "core" customs/CEs? (I can see the back looks comfy...

What specific pics are you referring to? Most pics I can think of are pretty accurate to what the bevel looks like. It’s nothing like the core violin carve. I have a couple core CE-22’s and a couple of Velas and I can tell you the bevel on the Vela is way more comfortable than the core violin carve which I’ve always felt was a bit sharp and uncomfortable on my forearm. It does look great though. But so does the bevel IMHO. I agree with @Aahzz, the Vela is an absolute joy to play and the satin ones especially are ridiculously resonant and alive acoustically. The Vela replaced the Telecaster as my absolute favorite guitar model.

I have a bunch of S2s as well as a Vela...the carve is comfy sitting and standing, with a pattern regular neck its a winner all around....I also think it's thinner than my standard 22s but I could be off?? My Mira feels a tad thinner as well...

Back