S2 Semi-hollows

Gotta be honest, never been a fan of the Mira, but after seeing and hearing it as an S2 semi hollow....holy crap, I'm sold. I can't wait to see play one in person, tune it down and see/feel how it holds up so I know if this'll be my next purchase. What an incredible sounding instrument. Was not expecting that at all. Well done PRS well done!

Yeah, but that's still like $3000 less than the next available Semi-Hollow Trem soooo... Still pretty amazing value, enough so that it's tempting a cheap-ass like me.

The next available PRS semi hollow body that is. Without naming the competition, there is another USA made semi hollow with trem that has all high end parts, pickups, and trem for only about $600 more street. Not trying to be THAT guy at all. I have PRS guitars. However, PRS needs to know what the impartial person thinks too...which is me. I seek value. I don't care who makes it. In this case, it would be a tough decision between the 2.....between the guitar that needs mods and the one that is ready out of the box with a primo top. Just my 2 cents.

However, PRS needs to know what the impartial person thinks too...which is me. I seek value. I don't care who makes it. In this case, it would be a tough decision between the 2.....between the guitar that needs mods and the one that is ready out of the box with a primo top. Just my 2 cents.

How do you know it NEEDS mods out of the box? Is the SE Trem that much of a piece of junk? Does it not stay in tune? (Not flaming, just asking, Ive never played one).

The S2 Pups in my experience have been excellent.

The next available PRS semi hollow body that is. Without naming the competition,

There is no competition! :girl:

I feel you though... I have to mod all my guitars to my taste anyway so I can understand your position.

Just realized you can buy a white pearloid S2 Mira pickguard in the PRS store. Hmm I don't have anything seafoam plus some extra 53/10s lying around... Hmm...

Is the SE Trem that much of a piece of junk? Does it not stay in tune? (Not flaming, just asking, Ive never played one).

No, it's not that much of a piece of junk, and this is coming from one of the bigger John Mann fanbois. The SE trem is quite useable and stays in tune just as well with the same effort it takes to keep my swanky 1980 spec Milcom in tune, they just sound different.

The next available PRS semi hollow body that is. Without naming the competition, there is another USA made semi hollow with trem that has all high end parts, pickups, and trem for only about $600 more street. Not trying to be THAT guy at all. I have PRS guitars. However, PRS needs to know what the impartial person thinks too...which is me. I seek value. I don't care who makes it. In this case, it would be a tough decision between the 2.....between the guitar that needs mods and the one that is ready out of the box with a primo top. Just my 2 cents.

So buy a Mann trem and your favorite pickups and still come out well ahead...

I really like a white Mira, now they make a Semi Hollow, how can I say no?

I was admittedly not terribly interested and a bit cynical about the original S2s. But this is absolutely a step in the correct direction IMO. I have said publicly before that the S2 line would be much improved if they offered models that we're not available as Core models, and they have basically done that, and I applaud that (expensive limited editions notwithstanding).

Kudos to PRS for listening to me. ;)

I do agree that a Starla semi would be almost unbelievably cool, and I'd be almost guaranteed to buy one. But I'm super happy these exist and they are the first S2s I'm actually chomping at the bit to try.

Good work, PRS!

I was thinking singlecut, but Bryan Ewald has that Custom 22 semi sounding RIGHTEOUS in the demo vid...

Yeh, I just entered that before realising it's not open to the UK - boo!

Always liked the look/tone of the Mira but wasn't keen on the 24 fret version (neck too skinny) or 245 version (scale length too short) ... played the standard S2 version with 22 fret / 25" / Pattern Regular neck recently and loved the feel and tone ... now the semi-hollow version come out and I'm running out of excuses ...

I'm just glad I didnt buy a Mira, lol. I almost pulled the trigger on one a couple weeks ago, I would have been pretty mad if I did and then saw PRS release semi-hollows.

I'd kill for a S2 Singlecut semihollow. Bummer that the giveaway is open to US-residents only.
Hope that some good fella of this forum manages to win one of them!

Just watched all of the vids, very cool.
I really like the singlecut one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back