S2 gets Core Pickups and Electronics

I posted in the other thread as well… $350 increase. That’s not too bad, I guess. USA electronics and pickups, the new winged tuners….anything else?

I like my 10th anniversary but they should've just called them "2024 S2 preorder model"
I hope and sure these new s2 sound anywhere near and play as good as the 10th. I was beyond impressed. I came home thinking about it and still haven't stopped. And I have plenty of cores to keep me happy.

You have one sweet guitar! Enjoy the heck outta it!

I hope and sure these new s2 sound anywhere near and play as good as the 10th. I was beyond impressed. I came home thinking about it and still haven't stopped. And I have plenty of cores to keep me happy.

Go back and get it. You know you want to! 😈

I really love it. So glad I got that model. What did you like so much about it compared to your cores?

I really love it. So glad I got that model. What did you like so much about it compared to your cores?
I liked everything about it. It was a 594. I typically don't bond with the pattern vintage but this one was excellent! It got me rethinking my reservations for PV. It was flawless all around. Perfect fret work, amazing tone, excellent playability, super comfy, and an absolutely fantastic top. Majorly impressed.

I've been wanting a DC 594 to compliment my SC58. Has just the right amount of differences to justify both.

Check it out...

I've already seen a couple in the wild. A satin standard with 5815LT and a Cu2408 with Paul's pickups.
How would you describe the 5815 LT pickups? I've always had them in the back of the mind but don't have the slightest clue about them. Should I buy the set? (I go for vintage-inspired type sounds, soft rock, country and classic rock tones).

Thanks!

Should I buy the set?
Absolutely! It's probably my favorite PRS neck pickup. Splits beyond fantastic. The middle position is pretty special too. I like a little more push from a bridge pickup, but has really good tone.

I mix them with different bridge pickups. In one guitar it's paired with a 5708 and a 5909 in another. You lose some of that middle luv, but for me it's a trade off worth it. Pairs really well and the middle still sounds great. Took a little more dialing in to get just right, but I was chasing how great the set sounds combined.

Think great PAF for the set. Buy a set!

Are they available?
Yes, there's a few online stores that have them. John Mann's store has them in stock!

They are extremely limited (as far as I know) but since they are not a signature set and $500, they can be found for a bit longer :)

Edit:
Well, he only has one in stock. If it's still available when I get paid next week, it's mine 🤪

Eesh. $500? Nope. So many options for killer PAF winds for way less. Wolfetone. Lollar. OX4. You could even find a set of Throbacks for less. I get the appeal, though. But at that price?

Back