Rate my top!

Austin

8KJ2VBL.jpg
QITqHyc.jpg
9wAUh4e.jpg
Q3awPNp.png

Whilst I love the grain and the 3D effect of it, I am always going to be slightly bias against 'Blue' (as well as some other colours too). If I was rating it purely on the pattern, it would get very high marks - probably an A- (A and A+ would have to go to some of the Private stock) but for me in that colour, it would lose a mark or two. Again, just to reiterate, its my personal dislike for 'Blue' guitars and if it had been Red or Purple then I would love it.

Whilst I love the grain and the 3D effect of it, I am always going to be slightly bias against 'Blue' (as well as some other colours too). If I was rating it purely on the pattern, it would get very high marks - probably an A- (A and A+ would have to go to some of the Private stock) but for me in that colour, it would lose a mark or two. Again, just to reiterate, its my personal dislike for 'Blue' guitars and if it had been Red or Purple then I would love it.
Thanks man! Try to love some blue a little more haha!

Thanks man! Try to love some blue a little more haha!

I can 'feel' the blues, play the 'blues' but I cannot like 'blue' as a colour. I won't even buy 'blue' denim....

Its still a stunning top - even if its in the wrong colour!! :D

Here's my two to rate...

PRS McCarty 594

8sNcZH1.jpg

FCjJKxZ.jpg

PRS 509

BJ3Om6e.jpg

psZ8lWF.jpg

Maybe not the 'clearest' pics ever but you get the idea...

Last edited:
I agree with Mozzi but, I would actually like it better if it was more blue. I'm not crazy about the middle part where it goes grey/black. The grain itself is stunning though.

I agree with Mozzi but, I would actually like it better if it was more blue. I'm not crazy about the middle part where it goes grey/black. The grain itself is stunning though.

I actually like the middle bit although I would prefer the Charcoal Cherry Burst version (as per this example)
228262-4.jpg

It adds to the 3D effect in my opinion...

Reactions: JJJ

I also give a high rating. What an Awesome blue top.

I like the blue!
A Lot!
The blue makes it POP!

Go Blue.

Looks like a 10 to me! Dig it.
@sergiodeblanc are you guys brothers? ;)

I also give a high rating. What an Awesome blue top.

I like the blue!
A Lot!
The blue makes it POP!

Go Blue.
Thanks man! I really like your Blue as well! My finish is called Charcoal Blue Burst and I believe it's pretty rare actually.

Back