Random. No more or less

Is it a roller disco?
Sort of I guess you could say. No phones, no computer, free from the hell hole of work. Smiles all around. I had so much fun early 90’s skating with all our friends and having just an outright blast. If this works out I will be buying roller blades for outdoor activities.

Last edited:
Yesterday a couple of my buds and I attended the funeral of my high school math teacher. He was 98.
Such a kind soul and one of a select group that I really looked up to. He also was a great friend of my Dad, and they golfed and played a lot of bridge together, not to mention we were neighbors for many happy years. His son and I were very close all through school (still are), and my wife went through school with one of the daughters. I have had my fill of funerals in the last couple years, but even though this one was a traditional (long) mass, it was filled with a great respect and a tremendous outpouring of love and admiration for a truly wonderful man.
He was also very brave, in 1966 he packed up his family in Nairobi and moved halfway across the world to escape the tyranny of an evil dictator to live in our small community and teach school. I can only imagine the shock of that first winter in the bitter cold compared to what the scorching African heat was. +45* c to -45*c and many feet of snow must have been something from an apocalypse movie to them. but they persevered and made a good life for it.
I came away very thankful for going.

Finally stopped raining (2 days straight), it's nice to be able to walk the dogs... because when it's raining, they won't just go out in the backyard and do their business until they're bursting at the seams. Idiots.

Finally stopped raining (2 days straight), it's nice to be able to walk the dogs... because when it's raining, they won't just go out in the backyard and do their business until they're bursting at the seams. Idiots.
My dogs neither. They love the snow but not the rain. We bought them raincoats. They’re all proofed against any weather that may occur. Snowsuits, booties, indoor sweaters, outdoor sweaters, sun hats. This is 99% my husband’s doing but that’s okay. A little overboard but. ❤️

My dogs neither. They love the snow but not the rain. We bought them raincoats. They’re all proofed against any weather that may occur. Snowsuits, booties, indoor sweaters, outdoor sweaters, sun hats. This is 99% my husband’s doing but that’s okay. A little overboard but. ❤️

Yeah, we have all that stuff too... they still won't go out in the rain, even in raincoats... UNLESS we take them for a walk. Then they'll go. But just go out in the backyard? No way.

Lola, I think my motorcycle racing air vest would be a better idea for me. Me and roller skates never got along all that well....I did develop a very personal relationship with the concrete floor however. 🤣
What about sky diving? Would you try it?

I desperately want to go. I have started a family Go Fund Me project. No presents for anything just contribute.

I desperately want to go. I have started a family Go Fund Me project. No presents for anything just contribute.
Nope, remember, I'm a former commercial pilot. I believe there's very little reason to jump out of a perfectly airworthy plane... I'll fly the sucker.
The difference between a golfer and a sky diver: the golfer goes "whack...ah s**t!"🤣

Do you golf too?
No. I golfed for a few years, but it was messing up my softball so I quit and haven't played in 20 years. It was fun last night though. Top Golf is not going out and playing a round on a course. Real clubs, real balls, but you hit from one spot towards targets and its all tracked electronically. We had over 100 people there. It was fun.

That is on my bucket list. I hope to do it before I am old enough that my heart gives out when I jump out of the plane.

Nope, remember, I'm a former commercial pilot. I believe there's very little reason to jump out of a perfectly airworthy plane... I'll fly the sucker.
The difference between a golfer and a sky diver: the golfer goes "whack...ah s**t!"🤣
I have a friend who is a commercial pilot and he has said that same thing for many years, even before he became a commercial pilot.

There was a time when skydiving was on my bucket list, almost did it for my 30th bday, but I couldn't get any of my buddies to go with me. It's no longer on my bucket list. I'd rather fly (an airplane, as in own my own airplane)... which also will not happen, due to lack of MONEY and time lol.

Skating and the music is incredible and really LOUD! But I am loving it!

My legs are almost cooked. But right back into the groove. I am hooked. Now a pair of rollerblades for the summer! I am set between this, my bike and hiking! I’am so happy I started working out! The state of flow took over my mind at times. Great feeling. I felt totally at one just me, my skates and the music.(almost as loud as some of the concerts I have been to!

Last edited:
Skating and the music is incredible and really LOUD! But I am loving it!

My legs are almost cooked. But right back into the groove. I am hooked. Now a pair of rollerblades for the summer! I am set between this, my bike and hiking! I’am so happy I started working out! The state of flow took over my mind at times. Great feeling. I felt totally at one just me, my skates and the music.(almost as loud as some of the concerts I have been to!

I was never a big fan of roller skating, but if we had an ICE rink around here, THAT I would do often! Weird to like one but not the other, huh?

I feel like I got ran over by a Mac Truck. I am just taking it an hour at a time. Not even going to attempt doing a workout. And like a dummy I went hard on my legs when I worked out yesterday morning. Won’t be doing that again.

I feel like I got ran over by a Mac Truck. I am just taking it an hour at a time. Not even going to attempt doing a workout. And like a dummy I went hard on my legs when I worked out yesterday morning. Won’t be doing that again.
Pain after such a workout is to be expected especially when using muscles in a new way. I’m a big fan of active recovery versus being sedentary. Go for a casual walk, swim, spin on a bike. The easy movement actually speeds of the healing process. Add in some light stretching after you’re warmed up. Many many years ago I played football in college. Training camp was brutal especially the day after donning pads and hitting for the first time in months. Despite being so sore that even our hair follicles hurt, we were up and out at 6am for an easy mile run. Amazing how much it helped.

Back