PRS with Evertune bridge...anyone?

They are an interesting concept but A) I think they're pretty fugly B) I'd be concerned about a drastic change in tone with something like that.

Are you looking at switching up your tremolo for something more hardtail?

I've got a project that I'm working on right now that I'm in the research phase of. Never really been a big fan of tremolo bridges, so I've been looking at switching it out (plus I need the cavity in the back for something special). I'm learning a lot, but hadn't come across Evertune yet. Thank you for the lead :)

Have you looked into the 2Tek bridge? I've been reading that PRS used to use them in the 90s. I'm curious why they discontinued use other than they figured they could do something better in-house.

They are an interesting concept but A) I think they're pretty fugly B) I'd be concerned about a drastic change in tone with something like that.
I pretty much agree with you.Very expensive to have it installed.
Are you looking at switching up your tremolo for something more hardtail?

I've got a project that I'm working on right now that I'm in the research phase of. Never really been a big fan of tremolo bridges, so I've been looking at switching it out (plus I need the cavity in the back for something special). I'm learning a lot, but hadn't come across Evertune yet. Thank you for the lead
icon_e_smile.gif

Have you looked into the 2Tek bridge? I've been reading that PRS used to use them in the 90s. I'm curious why they discontinued use other than they figured they could do something better in-house.
Hi Pastor Dame.Actually i have my tremolo screwed down to body and tremol-noed.Evertune just fascinates me and to have a guitar,and especially your fav guitar as in my case a custom 22 soapy that i can play for hours to never go out of tune would be wonderful.My PRS holds tuning better than any other guitar ive owned but....

Last edited:
I talked to one of the techs at my local GC about the Evertune. He was pretty complimentary of it. However, the price tag is quiet prohibitive...

Is the guitar you're talking about the one in your pic? That's a pretty sweet looking piece!

I'm totally cool with having to retune very occasionally. It's a cool invention but same as Vaughn, I wouldn't want to run the risk of losing any tone (and yeah, they are very fug-lee).

As for the 2Tek, I was under the impression you can get one installed (either by the PTC or as part of a PS build) but they were never offered as a standard option. Can anyone confirm?

Would be great to see PRS have a guitar with an evertune bridge installed and hear what the PTC people and the master himself thinks.

The concept itself is pretty darn cool.

I don't know the effect it has on the tone of the guitar. But one thing that is the bane of my existence in the studio is keeping guitars perfectly in tune from the first take to the last one.

DirtyMoons has it right on with the 2Tek. Of course, 2Tek bridges WERE offered standard a while on Hamer basses in the early 90s sometime - the Hamer cruise bass IIRC. Super great bass for way better a price than they should be able to fetch, when you can find one.
- - -
The evertune bridge looks like a really cool concept, but I doubt very seriously I'd put one on my PRS. Perhaps an SE or an ibanez. My Maryland PRS' don't really go out of tune that bad, and I don't want a hole in my guitar. I'd love to give one a try, but not enough to buy one and build a guitar around it.

I would not retrofit my PRS with an evertune bridge but i would definitely buy a PRS model featuring an evertune bridge.Lets say a custom 22 S2 Evertune model :)

Back