PRS Wiring Mods Resource Thread

Question about the McCarty wiring. The older version don't has resistors on the tone pot, while the newest version has.
I was wondering if they give the split-coil sound more output? I'm in the process to mod mine to 50's wiring style, so if they make a difference
I will take a look at it too.

D1UzvFF.png
Yes. The resistors keep more of the coil that is being grounded out in the circuit to keep the split tones louder and a little fuller. They work surprisingly well.

Hey all -- I bought a used 2023 S2 Standard 22. I'd like to switch out the stock wiring to the Core Custom 24 wiring setup. So, I ordered a PRS Custom 24 wiring harness from guitar center. It arrived today.

Problem is, the way it is wired doesn't seem to match the Custom 24 wiring diagram that's on the PRS website.

Here's a photo of the wiring harness I received:

https://postimg.cc/ctBLKWMp

But if you look on the PRS website, the wiring diagram for the Custom 24 looks different:

Can anybody explain where I should solder my pickup wires, input jack, and ground wires to (I'm using the stock 85/15-S pickups)? Or is there another wiring diagram out there that matches the harness I received?

Back