PRS SE Custom 24 height adjustment

MikeF

BBQgeek
I just purchased a SE Custom 24 vintage burst. Following the original specs, I strung it with 9's and it was doing pretty well with no tweaks...except that when pulling up on the trem the high e did not raise at all - the other notes typically rose around a half step. Then I restrung it with 10's (my preferred gauge) and adjusted the tension screws in the rear to bring it back to the normal height. The high E still doesn't raise a half step when all the other notes will. How or where do I make an adjustment to the E string side of the trem so it can get a little pull up action?

is the trem sitting above the body evenly on both sides? A semitone of upbend sounds like its quite low, maby its lower on treble side than bass?

Ive recently bought a core and an SE, both were second hand and both had wonky trem setups. Setting them up from scratch as per PRS webpage fixed both, but setting the height of the 6 screws is not fun at all. My eyes are too wonky to do it visually, so i put a small amount of force on the trem and screwed each one down till it went click. By the 10th try you will have it sussed!

Back