Prs s2 standard vs prs s2 standard guitar center model

Justin24

Curious why guotar center has a prs s2 standard with serial number that doesn't start with s2xxxxxx like real s2. Also why there the exact same price as s2 standards on sweetwater ect but they come a different color and different pickups. Are the hfs zebra ribbon pickups not as good as the 85/15 s pickups that come on the s2 standards everywhere else? Big question is guitar center s2 not up to snuff to a s2 else where. I've seen zebra ribbon pickups going for 179 and 85/15 going for 450 a set online. Why are these guitars priced exactly the same 999.99 price point but different pickups?

GC has had a couple runs of exclusive S2's, IIRC. They had some S2 Custom 24's with 57/08's, and later a run of Satin Standard 24's with a special color finish. The latter I believe had the zebra pickups as well. They are the same set that came on all other 24 fret S2's up until this year, when they switched to an import version of the 58/15's. So, it's basically a perfectly normal S2, with a few cosmetic differences.

Perfect thank you, I'm new to the prs world. Always had strats and lp's until now. Just got this first prs of mine and bought it for the lightweight feel and total access to the fretboard.

Back