PRS - Please Stop...

Bogner

Redwood Original - Pure Blood
Please Stop Using Bone Nuts. The Lubricated Black Ones You Have Been Using For Years Were Perfect.

While You Are At It, Lay Off The Kluson Tuners On So Many Models And Stick With Your Unique Tuners (Which Are Amazing) And Add Those To The Line Up.

If You Are Going To Go The Squabbin Path On Pickups, At Least Offer Them Covered As Many Of Us Dislike Uncovered Pickups.

Please Stop Using Bone Nuts. The Lubricated Black Ones You Have Been Using For Years Were Perfect.

While You Are At It, Lay Off The Kluson Tuners On So Many Models And Stick With Your Unique Tuners (Which Are Amazing) And Add Those To The Line Up.

If You Are Going To Go The Squabbin Path On Pickups, At Least Offer Them Covered As Many Of Us Dislike Uncovered Pickups.

I can get behind all of these. The only PRS I have that doesn't have the standard PRS nut is my 594. It doesn't really look like bone but it is white. It is shaped just like the black standard PRS nut. I haven't had any tuning issues with it but if I remember correctly, I put some graphite in the nut slots a long time ago.

Also maybe don’t put the blade switch there on trem equipped guitars.
Or put it in a better place. I am not a fan of where they put it on the new Studio I bought. I like it much better where they put it on my P22 and P22 Trem. It is lower on the body and farther forward. It is much easier to get to on those guitars than it is on the Studio.

!00% Agreed !!!!! I replaced the Bone nut on my Fiore its way better , also replaced the Tuners from vintage locking tuners to Phase 3s !!!!
and while we are at it bring back the old PRS Strap Buttons.

I prefer bone nuts to the lubricated ones. I think the note attack is nicer. Since we all know PRS likes me best, the bone nuts are staying. ;)

Agree. I'm far too lazy to deal with multiple winds on a string!

??

They already make covered pickups. They come on several models, and fit the surrounds nicely!

Here is my addition to the list. PRS, please let us purchase all black factory hardware! You will make a LOT of money in the process which will far outweigh the money made on private stocks via the "only on PS guitars, otherwise people will stop ordering them" argument. I mean, look at the Dusty Waring model, did they loose any PS sales because of that? Besides, if you were to get less PS orders, then maybe more people would start ordering more of them because it wouldn't take years to get a guitar (some tail eating cyclical logic there, but give me black hardware) ;~))

Um...no. I've been playing them since 1991 and have had many. The new ones are better guitars. Seriously.
In your opinion but not IMO. :)

I like the old control layout, winged tuners, one piece bridge, and old CEs more than todays offerings.

Pickups are probably better today but that's about it IMO.

Dear PRS,

Here's a thought that should appease at least someone, do a new core line called the Vintage Series, they would be new guitars but built to the vintage specs. One covered, one uncovered pickup, 3 locking and 3 non locking tuners. 1/2 flame, 1/2 quilt top, torified mahogany neck. And 1 new and 1 old strap button.

Couldn't agree more about the tuners and covers. The open gear P3 tuners are my favorite. If they do use vintage, go locking. I'm over string wraps.

I know I'm in the minority but squabbins aren't really my thing. I don't hate them, but in some guitars they just don't look right. Others they look good. I'd still rather have the option.

They do.. But they don't readily make the same pickup available covered and uncovered. I'm not sure I've ever seen a covered 8515. Or for me, huge fan of the 5909, and they're only available in the accessory store with squabbins.

Yep, swuabbins are lame. Just make normal pickups, dude. Otherwise, offer them either way.

Back