PRS LT+ vs PRS 7 Pickuos

Aceboympk

I have a SC McCarty with LT+ pickups. I really like the guitar A LOT. Best of my collection.

There’s an ‘01 for sale Artist upgrades including PRS 7 pickups.

Anyone have experience with comparing both?

Thanks!

Welcome! I am of no use in answering your question, but someone here can surely weigh in.

And pics of that McCarty are required as soon as you can post pics! :cool:

Owning a few different singlecuts from different eras: Those old school #7s are pretty hot and brash compared to the 58/15 LT+ pickups, and besides that they're, well, hot and brash.

My old school '01 SC has 53/10 pickups in it now.

Regarding the LT+ vs. the LT pickups? I've tried them side by side in a pair of SC594s and I think any difference in sound was probably attributable to the wood and pickup adjustments. I just couldn't discern that the pickups were very different from each other.

Thanks! I have a few high gain pickup guitars, which I like a lot, but I prefer the detailed, articulate, and deeper sound from the LT+ pickups.

Your description of the 7 pickups sounds like they may be too similar to other guitars I already have.

The guitar available is in excellent shape except a small finish chip on the side of the fretboard near the neck joint. No biggie to me. Seller’s best price is $2100. Includes OHSC and all the original paperwork including the build tag.

Seems like a good deal???

Thanks! I have a few high gain pickup guitars, which I like a lot, but I prefer the detailed, articulate, and deeper sound from the LT+ pickups.

Your description of the 7 pickups sounds like they may be too similar to other guitars I already have.

The guitar available is in excellent shape except a small finish chip on the side of the fretboard near the neck joint. No biggie to me. Seller’s best price is $2100. Includes OHSC and all the original paperwork including the build tag.

Seems like a good deal???
Swap out the PUs and you have fine guitar. Not too cheap, but not overpriced. However, bear in mind that this is a 25" guitar. Different than the 594 you have (I think)

It seems like since the McCarty 594 SE intro, more and more people have been referring to the 594 as McCarty in shorthand. It’s unfortunate.

Back