SE pickups: 58/15s vs DS-02s

Dallasindallas

I’ve explored these forums for a while, posting for first time.

I have an SE HBII and a SE Starla, and swapped the factory pickups between the two. Sharing my observations, and hoping others with experience with other pickups will weigh in.

DS-02 seems wider frequency spectrum, clearer treble attack, bigger & looser low end (not sloppy), but subdued mids. 58/15s is way more mid forward, plenty of bark, but limited frequency spectrum - lows and high highs are rolled off compared to the DS-02s.

There’s things I like about both, in both guitars. Love the mid articulation of the 58/15s, but also love the bandwidth and dynamics of the DS-02s.

Is there a middle ground out there in PRS pickups? 58/15 LT? Apologies, I know I’m champagne taste on a beer budget - but curious what insights y’all have…

sorry, middle ground Tonally - something with the broader frequency spectrum and top end clarity of ds-02, but with the midrange punch of 58/15.

Doesn’t have to be super hot - seems to me that hotter pickups often loose clarity in high frequencies.

sorry, middle ground Tonally - something with the broader frequency spectrum and top end clarity of ds-02, but with the midrange punch of 58/15.

Doesn’t have to be super hot - seems to me that hotter pickups often loose clarity in high frequencies.

57/08 neck with 59/09 treble will for sure get you there.

Back