PRS In Church?

Is there ever a steady state for PW pedalboards? ;-)

I know mine in my Kemper is, gives less headache Chain; (comp, rarely on) --> reverb for break up sounds --> boost for that lil' extra -> amp (I use amp gain profiles in performance mode) -> EQ for lead volume boost -> delay dott 8th (almost never used anymore) or tremolo, depending on the rig -> 1/8th delay -> reverb (type depends on profile type and need for a particular song).

I know mine in my Kemper is, gives less headache Chain; (comp, rarely on) --> reverb for break up sounds --> boost for that lil' extra -> amp (I use amp gain profiles in performance mode) -> EQ for lead volume boost -> delay dott 8th (almost never used anymore) or tremolo, depending on the rig -> 1/8th delay -> reverb (type depends on profile type and need for a particular song).
Sounds like your method is very different from mine...

Clean = Amp sim, Boost, Light reverb and Compressor on Light settings (those 4 are always on)
Light Dirt = OD1, hit OD2/Dis1 for Lead 1
Heavy dirt = Dis2, hit OD3 for Lead 2

Light/Heavy ambient Reverbs or Delays according to song

The thing I find that I change the most is the delay. I like to mimic the delay on the recordings, and they get pretty creative sometimes. Beyond that, I rarely change much more than opting for overdrive or distortion and kicking in boost when needed. The guitar itself? I’m all over the place with knob and switch settings and attack.

Guitars are almost always 100%, no knobs to twist, other than PU selector. I like to keep things as centered on the floor as possible. Less room for error.

And @steve. Key for me is that I dislike pedal dirt in clean(Iish) amps, so I use profiles with several amp gain settings. A boost is just there for a little kick and some push in the mids. Just some added tightness to the sound. Other than that I am very traditional; I keep my time based (delay, verb) effects after the amp, Except for washy break up sounds, there I add a little reverb to the front end, which adds some lo fi movement in the palette. I do not really like mod effects, other than a tremolo on occasion and a compressor sounds just meh to me.

Enjoy the preparations. That is half the "fun" for me. Love to spend some evenings getting everything in my head, hands, and Kemper or Helix.
Yup.
And thanks.
At 70, I’m recovering my chops on electric after decades in bass. And my prep will involve charting pedal and guitar settings, lead fingering shapes and music staffs, and lots of practicing.

This is great to hear.

I'm sure the Holy Spirit will guide your hands swiftly! Keep vigilant brother and don't let the enemy get you down, sometimes the enemy is strong on these forums and I tune it out.

Do you know the set list yet? Or is that still in the works?

This is great to hear.

I'm sure the Holy Spirit will guide your hands swiftly! Keep vigilant brother and don't let the enemy get you down, sometimes the enemy is strong on these forums and I tune it out.

Do you know the set list yet? Or is that still in the works?
Hoping to see it tomorrow, but it could be later.

Oh, ol’ smutty has been working on me. I almost gave up a while back after a disastrous audition on electric during which I had a panic attack. I have played electric in church twice since then, and I’m trusting that He will help me to do my best.

Back