PRS Guitar Diversity

Oh for cryin' out loud...
Next time just use the oven at 450F.
Geez, do I have to explain everything? 😬
I knew there was a method that would work!

But now that you've spilled the beans, I guess I won't be able to get that scientific research grant. Maybe I'll discover something interesting about melted rubber tires. There's that whole pile of 'em sitting in my garage. I'm going to try to melt them right on the cars they're attached to.

I knew there was a method that would work!

But now that you've spilled the beans, I guess I won't be able to get that scientific research grant. Maybe I'll discover something interesting about melted rubber tires. There's that whole pile of 'em sitting in my garage. I'm going to try to melt them right on the cars they're attached to.
Works great to get hotter pickups too!

I decided I wanted roasted wood in my guitars, so I hung 'em one by one over a fire in my hearth.

Maybe I shouldn't have used Royal Oak Charcoal Lighter Fluid to get the process going a bit faster, but I was attracted by the idea of a lighter fluid made for royalty. Anyway, after the first one, I decided to try again, and just my luck, the next one also caught fire.

Well, I wasn't going to give up on my idea, so I kept trying, but they all turned to ashes. I'm going to buy more guitars and keep trying to get this process right.

I've applied for a scientific research grant, hopefully that will come through.

This should have been an easy mod, but every single one caught fire, and there wasn't much I could do to salvage the situation, so I enjoyed a nice fire.

Apropos of the thread topic, I removed the pickups before trying to roast them, and sure enough, none of the pickups were the same, but after the guitars all burned up, I couldn't resist throwing the pickups onto the pyre. Oh, and the cases. I mean, who needs an empty PS case? The wooden cases all burned quite nicely.

I can also report that the body of each guitar crackled differently from the others, proving once again that wooden guitars sound different from one another.

I saved the ashes for anyone who wants a few Private Stocks and a Wood Library model really, really cheap. :)

Anyway, I don't have any guitars any more.

This evening I'm going to try to melt the rubber on a pile of tires - for recycling, of course - and see if a similar problem arises when extreme heat is applied.

My wife says I'm not allowed to try to roast the wood in my house, but I think the wood floors would look really good in a roasted caramel color. So that's my next project. If it works it'll be a nice surprise for her.
This post is FIRE!

Back