PRS Dallas and Custom H for Stereo?

David Grantham

Greetings all, I have a 50W original Dallas and Custom H 50W and was wondering how these would pair up for stereo? Does the custom H share a similar tone stack as the Dallas? I was planning on running into the front end of both amps with a pedal board. Would love any input from the experts here! Thanks for any advice.
David

Do It! I Am A BIG Fan Of Blended Tones. Even If The Amps Are Identical, You Can Set Them Up Differently To Achieve Some Great Results.
Thanks, I’ll definitely give it a whirl then!

Last edited:
I've been running 2 amp setups for 40 years. Should be delightful , I run my DG30- and Blue Sierra 50 together , have also paired them with my Boogie. I like having one clean and one a bit more crunchy in the pair .
That sounds like a nice pair! All sorts of possibilities!

I'm another confirmed two-amp blender, though none have been PRS so far. Three decades ago it was a pair of Boogies (still got them), and close to twenty years ago I switched to Two Rocks, which I'm still using now.

Occasionally I just run one of the Two Rocks with a side of "big clean" like my Hiwatt DR103, a big Fender (I have a selection to do this with) or one of my various power amps (Mesa, Groove Tubes, Demeter etc).

If I can get what I like from the D-style channel in the MT100, I'll be giving that a spin for sure. Blending gets you something that you really don't hear from just one amp .....and it's way more than just a stereo spread: moving around while playing in the "sound field" is a complete trip.

A few years back I was running an Laney 2xEL84 2x12" combo and a Marshall 2x5881 2x10" combo as a stereo rig.
I liked blending the different tones of the amps for a bigger sound.
The pedalboard was all mono up until the stereo delay, where it split the signal to the 2 amps.

Back