PRS Dallas 50 Head (CAD?)

tb2940a

Picked up this amp a few months ago and I’m finally getting around to making a forum account to share.

This 2013 Dallas head came to me stock from its second owner and, unfortunately, without a matching cab. I found a good deal on this MB cab loaded with 10” creambacks and haven’t looked back.

As for the amp, I had some friends in the PRS amp department go through and swap some components (mostly cap upgrades) and threw in a new pair of Tung-Sol 6L6 power tubes. As for “the sauce,” this switch activates a partial “Trucks Mod” - which offers a slight gain increase tightens up the bass. I didn’t opt for the complete “Trucks Mod” since it modifies the voice of the preamp, so as far as we know this is a one-of-a-kind mod - neat! I have some photos/video clips of the overhaul, waiting on a green light to share those.

Overall this is a killer amp; who can fault a 50w “American” voiced amp with more pronounced mids and some of the most pleasant cleans I’ve come across. It’s been more than loud enough at gigs and handles most pedals wonderfully - I’m one happy camper.

Anyone else enjoying a Dallas?

Picked up this amp a few months ago and I’m finally getting around to making a forum account to share.

This 2013 Dallas head came to me stock from its second owner and, unfortunately, without a matching cab. I found a good deal on this MB cab loaded with 10” creambacks and haven’t looked back.

As for the amp, I had some friends in the PRS amp department go through and swap some components (mostly cap upgrades) and threw in a new pair of Tung-Sol 6L6 power tubes. As for “the sauce,” this switch activates a partial “Trucks Mod” - which offers a slight gain increase tightens up the bass. I didn’t opt for the complete “Trucks Mod” since it modifies the voice of the preamp, so as far as we know this is a one-of-a-kind mod - neat! I have some photos/video clips of the overhaul, waiting on a green light to share those.

Overall this is a killer amp; who can fault a 50w “American” voiced amp with more pronounced mids and some of the most pleasant cleans I’ve come across. It’s been more than loud enough at gigs and handles most pedals wonderfully - I’m one happy camper.

Anyone else enjoying a Dallas?
Yup, it's CAD and it's a fantastic amp. You scored!

Back