PRS CE24 1991: 5-way rotary switch

I did a search for "PRS Rotary" on Reverb and several turn up. A few are less than $100 USD. Here's one as an example:

I suppose this is not the "original" switch from the early 90's? Do you have the exact photo or type of the switch which is correct according to the manufacture date - 1991?

I'm not sure which 5-way was used in 1991, the type in the link I sent or the one with the 3 blue layers. Someone else here probably knows.

I suppose this is not the "original" switch from the early 90's? Do you have the exact photo or type of the switch which is correct according to the manufacture date - 1991?
no it's not. think I have a photo give me a few minutes

I can’t find my photos of one but here is a link of one for sale on eBay. I am not affiliated with it at all. This is the type of rotary switch it would’ve had. Keep in mind if you go back to this type of switch you may need to Put some type of spacer in the hole where your three-way toggle is now because that hole would’ve been widened to accept the three-way toggle .

Yes, those are original pups with covers added. It would have come with a rotary and unless they switched the magnet orientation, it would not have liked the wiring they gave it! @Andrew is right, that year would have had the older blue layer 5 -way. BTW, I like my 5 way PRSi. I support your move to make it original! I found a few of the 5-ways for sale on CraigsList.

Yes, those are original pups with covers added. It would have come with a rotary and unless they switched the magnet orientation, it would not have liked the wiring they gave it! @Andrew is right, that year would have had the older blue layer 5 -way. BTW, I like my 5 way PRSi. I support your move to make it original! I found a few of the 5-ways for sale on CraigsList.
Ok, I will try to get some for a reasonable price and after that I’ll be looking for some wiring diagrams.

Hi, thanks for the answer! Here is the cavity photo:

izoydcu39dfsglcitj7o.jpg
Once you find the switch you want, I would suggest getting the whole thing professionally rewired with new pots and tone cap as well. This has been worked on by a less than skilled person, wires spliced together, and that 22nF tone cap is definitely not original either.

Back