PRS CE

snock

I have a -96 CE 24 with dragon pickups. It's not that common but it sounds and still plays fantastic. Anybody else that got one of those? I haven't played anything in the past 20 years that even comes close to it.

A lot of guys swear by the ce's . Lots of them around here too

I have 22 & 24. CEs plain rock. They both have been getting all my playing time. I gigged my Ce22 with dragons tonight. I just love dragon 1s to death I would love to see them reissued in a guitar.

I've got a CE22 with Dragon ii's. Would not change it for anything. I've come close to selling it a few times to fund another guitar but I've always seen sense and kept hold of it.

I have 22 & 24. CEs plain rock. They both have been getting all my playing time. I gigged my Ce22 with dragons tonight. I just love dragon 1s to death I would love to see them reissued in a guitar.

I have said this many times: Dragon1's are some of the best high output humbuckers ever made by any manufacturer. They never get shrill, but have great presence, broad mids and a low with just the right amount of tightness and give. They are also one of those rare pickups that I find sounds good in pretty much every guitar.

IMG_04511_zpsxi7dfdnb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Here's mine a 2008 CE 22 with dragon ii's on the left next to a 408 that I sent back. I saw it in blues angel music one day and asked to play it. As soon as I played it, I knew I had to buy it. Best guitar purchase ever for me.

I have a CE24 with Dragon I's and a CE22 with A Tremonti bridge pup (and a Floyd!). I want another Dragon I for the CE22.
Nothing like a good CE.

I feel like I need a CE in my life.

Ya know, I was all over getting a CE, but when I got my SAS and was checking serial numbers etc I found out that the first 200 SASes were serial numbered as CEs - I suppose because they were just considered variations of the CE theme - swamp ash body instead of hog (no maple cap), a greater proportion of maple fretboards, and that third pickup.

So now my GAS for a CE has diminished. Not to say I wouldn't pick one up ever: I might choose to procure one if the price was right and my mood was appropriate. And the right color. And a nice looking top, I suppose. i.e. all the usual criteria...

EDIT: Hmm, maybe a nice, older CE with Dragon I pickups. in a nice yellow or orange or teal color...

OK, off to eBay, Reverb, and who-knows-where now...

Last edited:
There's a beautiful yellow one from the mid 90s on TGP.

And yeah! Either a SAS or a CE would fit well in my life. Prolly don't need both. If I could find a maple fretboard CE at a good price I might accidently the whole thing

Back