PRS 59/09 Pickups on 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24

Yosua Wijaya

Hello guys, I need some help and advice to install 59/09 to my guitar.

My guitar is the 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 which has 2 humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone, and 2 mini toggle switch to split neck and bridge pickup. After I look into the electronic cavity, I found that the wiring is the same as the SE Paul's guitar wiring diagram. Each pickup has 4 different color wiring (Red, Green, Black, and White) but unfortunately, PRS schematic doesn't mention which wire is which for hot, ground, or single coil. I never change pickups in any guitar so I'm not sure hot wire goes where, ground wire goes where etc.

On the other hand, PRS 59/09 pickup has 3 wire (Red, White, and Black) plus one braided wire (I don't know what is this?). I do some research and found that for neck pickup white is hot, black is ground and red is for coil split; for bridge pickup black is hot, white is ground, and red is for coil split. It doesn't mention the braided wire but it says the braided shield must be grounded in all wiring procedures.

Can you help me what wiring should I do for 59/09 pickups to my guitar? I plan to use mini toggle switch to split the coil as before.

Thank you for your response!

Back