PRS 2021 Launch Party

I couldn't find it...and I pitched my tuner on the floor last week and broke its microphone so it doesn't know a B flat from an F sharp any more.
I want to get one because that usb charging thing saves so many batteries. I'm wondering how strong the clip is because I've had about 3 of the other clips break on those. If I buy at Guitar Center I'll buy the replacement plan for sure. :D

Color, birds, and truss rod cover
Also, there’s different pickup covers, and the pickups themselves might be different: I see the website lists them as TCIs, but on the YouTube presentation by Bryan Ewald he says they’re 85/15s! Which is it!?!

Also, there’s different pickup covers, and the pickups themselves might be different: I see the website lists them as TCIs, but on the YouTube presentation by Bryan Ewald he says they’re 85/15s! Which is it!?!
What @bodia said. TCI stands for tuned capacitance and inductance and it is the technology applied to the 85/15 pickups. In my opinion it really improves the clarity and warmth of the pickups' tone. I'm in love with mine.

Last edited:
What @bodia said. TCI stands for tuned capacitance and inductance and it is the technology applied to the 85/15 pickups. In my opinion it really improves the clarity and warmth of the pickups' tone. I'm in love with mine.
Totally agree. There is definitely a difference.

So they are using the TCI Whatever machine they use to do the pickups in Indonesia? I thought it was some kind of top secret proprietary process they did in Maryland. ‍♂️

I'm a righty but for some reason I always get happy when I see lefty guitars because it means more options for fellow lefty guitarists.

It also means more guitars for us righties.

That's great news for lefties. I broke my left arm and tried to go lefty for a minute. Their selection is awful! What is usually a grear day at the guitar store was like a kick in the...no wonder they all go right.

Turns out the info I had for the video wasn't updated with that change. They are in fact TCI "S" Pickups. Sorry about that. I will say though, I'm impressed with everyones attention to detail..;)

Turns out the info I had for the video wasn't updated with that change. They are in fact TCI "S" Pickups. Sorry about that. I will say though, I'm impressed with everyones attention to detail..;)

Ah, thank you for clearing that up! Would you say the SE 24-08 is much different from the SE 35th anniversary edition, apart from the pickup covers, color, and perhaps carve?

Back